Marcus Intalex Album

theroux1.jpg

Anyone whio cant understand Intalex's contribution to the scene and his legendary status has to be an idiot. You may not like his tunes but denying what he's done over his career and some of the classics he's been involved with is just madness

But you can't brok out to that music???? Can you???? :teeth:

I will admit his talent and his longevity are qualities in his favour but like alot of medium pace bowlers on the county circuit I feel he lacks potency. Also his sheer ugliness makes it difficult for me to warm to him...:teeth:

I will admit his talent and his longevity are qualities in his favour but like alot of medium pace bowlers on the county circuit I feel he lacks potency. Also his sheer ugliness makes it difficult for me to warm to him...:teeth:

that shouldn't matter andy c is a lil ugly bastard but look how people on here that want him knee deep in their bum hole:)

I'd like to add a point too that I don't think anyone has touched upon yet. How you make me feel by Marcus and Lee was a turning point in Drum and Bass and helped shaped the whole scene. The late 90's had been mostly dominated by Virus, Bad Company, Hardware etc the more techy and analogue sound and they suddenly came along with this track that blew people away and was instantly signed to Doc Scott's 31 Records.

People started making more liquid tracks again but with a danceloor edge and the scene stared changing direction from that point on. Doesn't even matter if they never made another dnb tune again, just that one track that influenced a whole music scene is enought to make him/them a legend for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to add a point too that I don't think anyone has touched upon yet. How you make me feel by Marcus and Lee was a turning point in Drum and Bass and helped shaped the whole scene. The late 90's had been mostly dominated by Virus, Bad Company, Hardware etc the more techy and analogue sound and they suddenly came along with this track that blew people away and was instantly signed to Doc Scott's 31 Records.

People started making more liquid tracks again but with a danceloor edge and the scene stared changing direction from that point on. Doesn't even matter if they never made another dnb tune again, just that one track that influenced a whole music scene is enought to make him/them a legend for me.

Nail on the head

Last edited by a moderator:
I always get a bit depressed when I see that Papa Jaro's been posting in a thread.

Papa, if you cannot understand the soul, creativity and down right musical genius behind Intalex, then you're a fucking moron. Straight up. And Intalex's legendary status is not a contested issue; it's not like people are umming and ahhing over it. He is universally acknowledged by pretty much everyone in the scene (both DJs and fans) as a fucking badman. Except you, apparently. Are you just really, really dense or something? Like lead?

Not being a huge fan a liquid is not the same as being thick surely? I can see his talent but not his genius is all...

Last edited:
i dont think there is a single person involved in this scene, let alone this forum who is going to agree with you...

Intalex has revealed the tracklisting of the album 21 in an interview for Kmag! Som very nice collabs there, can't wait

1. Make A Raise (feat. S.P.Y. & Ras Tweed)
2. Climbing Up The Walls (feat. Lynx & Danny Fierce)
3. Meltdown (feat. Calibre)
4. Hot Hands
5. Dusk
6. Celestial Navigation (feat. S.P.Y.)
7. Paulista (feat. S.P.Y.)
8. TB Or Not TB?
9. Regrets (feat. Riya)
10. Wacky Races
11. Strangeways (feat. Zed Bias)
12. Make Way (feat. DRS)

21_430.jpg

Nice cover too

Not being a huge fan a liquid is not the same as being thick surely? I can see his talent but not his genius is all...

My god, can you not just admit you are wrong?

Mr Happy is plain cheese mate.

If Triband feat SPY coming soon doesn't show you the pure qaulity he is then you should maybe just leave this argument alone.

You were saying about wiring.....shows how little you know about electronic music, but heres a free lesson. When you first start listening to electronic music, or more to the point, when you are young, the higher synthy sounds are more prominent, and normally the cheese as well. As you get older, or are subject to large amounts of the music, its the bass that stands out and the crispness of the music or qaulity of production.

I'm not saying there is no place for cheese, the more people that come to drum'n'bass because of a cheesy tune or set, the better. Eventually though, the die hards will find there own sound within the genre and be forever in love with it.

But without knowing anything about the genre or music in general, Papa Jaro, please do not come on here and dis a guy who is held so high by the rest of us

Back
Top Bottom