Marcus Intalex Album

I can see where you're coming from Synx but I cant help feeling that as a red-blooded male that you should get a stronger testosterone reaction from tunes like Mr Happy or the Black remix. I know people talk about tastes and that but I wonder if there isnt a biological difference between you and I (assuming you dont prefer the tunes I've just mentioned) as they are like Intalex's stuff but x10 for energy & bass etc.

I think maybe because of wiring differences I'm like a junky who needs a stronger hit than you do to feel the same way...this might explain the difference between people who like jump-up and liquid? It still doesnt explain why you dont prefer stronger versions of the tunes you listen too...

his own personal dnb productions...are timeless nice bits of music, but when he colaborates or remixes something its usually something dancefloor worthy and legendary

So far all I've heard are the 'nice bits' as you call them Toejam. For him to be legendary he'd need to have produced some awesome tunes that have stood the test of time and dont (as I suspect) merge into a whole heap of similar tunes...

And by legendary I mean something along the lines of...

I dont see how pinching jungle ryhthms and adding soul vocals makes him legendary. I prepare to stand corrected though...

Last edited by a moderator:
There's people enjoying and broking out to fucking minimal techno! Just because it has no fucking reece build up which ends in a massive drop and a vocal over the top cheese or wobble over the fucking place doesn't mean people don't enjoy that kind of music. If you don't like Intalex than please don't bother to post in here. M.I.S.T are fucking dnb legends so is Soul:R, Intalex's Label and Marcus Intalex himself...

And to answer your questions: Yes I know a lot people who would broke out to that music.

ahhhh man, i forgot how sick barracuda is! cheers for reminding me!

So far all I've heard are the 'nice bits' as you call them Toejam. For him to be legendary he'd need to have produced some awesome tunes that have stood the test of time and dont (as I suspect) merge into a whole heap of similar tunes...

And by legendary I mean something along the lines of...

I dont see how pinching jungle ryhthms and adding soul vocals makes him legendary. I prepare to stand corrected though...

oh you mean Legend, as in featured on the 'The Top 50 Junglist riidims eveeeer CD!' as featured in the bargain bin at HMV

yeah yeah, good point

They're all big, memorable tunes mate which is why they've stood the test of time. Not quite sure how Intalex can really be in the same class as these guys? What tunes of his would you say lift him up to their level?

They're all big, memorable tunes mate which is why they've stood the test of time. Not quite sure how Intalex can really be in the same class as these guys? What tunes of his would you say lift him up to their level?

I mean in the sense he's constantly provided the scene with forward thinking music for maybe the past 15 years, the fact he's still making forward thinking music and still dedicating his life to dnb to this day, and pushing electronica music forward, thats what makes a legend to me, not just youtube links

Yeah honestly, if you take the time to look into Marcus' legacy and history I would absolutely definitely class him as one of the legends of the scene. I think you may have misunderstood me a little Papa...for example, I fucking love the Black remix. Was one of my tunes of the year. And as I mentioned, it makes me do the 'warface, brock-out' thing I mentioned. But if you honestly think Mr Happy is a better tune that Outerspace or Paulista Dub then...well, fuck knows really. It's not all about the energy - it's about the vibe as well, and that's what this comes down to. You know how if Rodigan drops a wicked reggae dub it can go off just as hard as if he drops a dupstep bit? It's like that.

"I cant help feeling that as a red-blooded male that you should get a stronger testosterone reaction from tunes like Mr Happy"

Not this. Mind over matter for some eh?

Meh...

Clearly not a legend.

You are just having different taste thats all.
People are enjoying broking out to such music as much as they are to music you stated. You know that there are a whole bunch of people who think music like Mr. Happy is just silly shit? Whereas with Intalex you got deepnes and musical content.
Just because you don't know of Marcus Intalex, M.I.S.T. or any of the aliases he used and didn't recognize a track of his, doesn't mean Outerspace, Barracuda, Lose Control will not be played anymore or didn't "stood the test of time".

Still to date Andy C fairly often is drawing to this one. For example...

I'm shocked! I new he'd collaborated on the New Dawn remix but I had no idea he'd done the original...

I stand corrected. :oops_sign

Thanks for the explanation Luciduk. Have to say it's pushing it a bit to call Intalex a legend though encounter...

Guy is a true legend and has been deep in the scene for over 16 years.

EDIT: Late!!!!

BTW ST Files produced the New Dawn remix. The original New Dawn mix was produced by Marcus and Mark XTC.

He had a hand in mistical dub, time to fly, 3 am and for is own solo beats like cabin fever, warrior queen (or is it princess can't remember) and airborne... Those six tunes prove legendary status as they span over a decade of his career.., if anything he's a leg end for starting up soul r and contributing to a bunch of cuts... Common mang this must be making sense now that he's a legend

Anyone whio cant understand Intalex's contribution to the scene and his legendary status has to be an idiot. You may not like his tunes but denying what he's done over his career and some of the classics he's been involved with is just madness

He also looks like a cross between Louis Theroux & the Trolllface.

Which, much like his talent in production, dj'ing, promotion, label management & contribution to the scene.

Is pretty win.

Back
Top Bottom