Making a mistake 45 minutes into recording a mix depreciation

Usually what happens is I fuck up so many times I get sick of hearing the same tunes and mixes over and over, start thinking "is this mix actually that good?", then try out some different mixes... rinse and repeat

im always doing that.
"oooh everything is going and sounding well... lets just push this record a litt.......TRAIN WRECK"
why!!

I hate it when that happens, my solution is smoke before a mix, never overthink things when your nicely baked haha

Well ive been there and got the t-shirt for messing a set up near the end

The sad truth is tho there's that many laptop dj's using computer programmes to get the mix perfect there really is a lot of pressure for old skool dj's who just use decks and a mixer, And sadly people don't care anymore what you are using to mix on as long as the mix is tight.

Well ive been there and got the t-shirt for messing a set up near the end

The sad truth is tho there's that many laptop dj's using computer programmes to get the mix perfect there really is a lot of pressure for old skool dj's who just use decks and a mixer, And sadly people don't care anymore what you are using to mix on as long as the mix is tight.

See i beg to differ now, i used to be all about that but on the contrary. As there are ableton djs out there isn't it (shouldnt it) be more about track selection and construction? I genuinely couldnt give a shit about a few slips if you really feel the tunes and the way its put together!

hate this situation!! ultimate rage.

Another annoying one is when you mix a tune wrong when you're not recording and pull it up to do it properly and then fuck it up again. Don't even want to try it a 3rd time normally haha

See i beg to differ now, i used to be all about that but on the contrary. As there are ableton djs out there isn't it (shouldnt it) be more about track selection and construction? I genuinely couldnt give a shit about a few slips if you really feel the tunes and the way its put together!

I really don't give a shit about the medium anymore. Loxy consistently puts out my favorite studio mixes and there's no way he's not using software to do it. Doc Scott is in the same boat.

Here's comes the can full of worms.

This thread is one of the reasons i only really do 30 min mixes.

Too many times have i got 50 mins in and absolutely fucked it.

No idea how Mish Mash did his 3 deck 3hr 101 tunes mix. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate it when that happens, my solution is smoke before a mix, never overthink things when your nicely baked haha

One thing im finding hard about quitting the cro :(. I LOVED mixing lean. Became the only way i can do it well... Now its like im learning all over again >_<

It is the worst, but if it's not a monumental fuckup just keep riding it. I would prefer to hear a mix with a little slip up here and there just to give it that feel of being mixed instead of a mix that is sterile etc.

hate this situation!! ultimate rage.

Another annoying one is when you mix a tune wrong when you're not recording and pull it up to do it properly and then fuck it up again. Don't even want to try it a 3rd time normally haha

Worst is starting again due to a fuck up, nailing it, then realising you didn't hit record in Serato again...

I have THOUSANDS of mixes that i've never posted for the odd mistake.

I'm not even joking when I say thousands, found over 100 last night from 2008 alone.

Back
Top Bottom