Kolendo - Mandala Major :: liquid/psychedelic dnb (feedback needed)

Kolendo

I've been working on a new liquid dnb album that takes influences from ethnic/psychedelic sounds.
So far I've laid down the bare bones of the tune, but I'm having trouble finding enough room in my mix for the samples and synths that I have yet to add.
Are my drums too prominent in the mix?

Last edited:
What's that clicky sound over the snare, is it supposed to be? It sounds a bit annoying, will sound better if you make that snare mono with an utility I think. Try to make EQ notches at spaces where you want to create room for an element or sidechain the bass with an element you want to let punch through better. With exception of the snare, I think the drums are at a good level.

I like the overall sound of the tune tho, very summerish and funky!!

What's that clicky sound over the snare, is it supposed to be? It sounds a bit annoying, will sound better if you make that snare mono with an utility I think. Try to make EQ notches at spaces where you want to create room for an element or sidechain the bass with an element you want to let punch through better. With exception of the snare, I think the drums are at a good level.

I like the overall sound of the tune tho, very summerish and funky!!

The main snare I used is pretty snappy as is, but I thought it wasn't standing out in the mix enough so I added some higher frequency percussion sounds, that's probably what you're referring to.
I'll try using Utility and see if that changes it at all.

Wont my drums sound really messy if I start using EQ to make room for synths? I suppose subtle ducking could work.
Thanks for the tips :) Glad you enjoyed it, it's going to be crazy once I'm done if I can just get these damn samples in place.

The main snare I used is pretty snappy as is, but I thought it wasn't standing out in the mix enough so I added some higher frequency percussion sounds, that's probably what you're referring to.
I'll try using Utility and see if that changes it at all.

Wont my drums sound really messy if I start using EQ to make room for synths? I suppose subtle ducking could work.
Thanks for the tips :) Glad you enjoyed it, it's going to be crazy once I'm done if I can just get these damn samples in place.

Haha, Oh I thought you wanted to let the drums stand out more, so I meant making notches in the synths, not making notches in the drums. Subtle ducking is an option yea!
Yes, go on mate! Hard work will get it done in the end ;)

Back
Top Bottom