DnB Kinetik - Momentum (Ulterior Motive, Break, Survival, S.P.Y.) - All Vinyl

K!NET!K

Had a lot of fun making this one. Fairly high energy, including mostly tunes I picked up within the last year and change, as well as a smattering of some from a bit further back. Sort of a drummy centre, with vibes on either side (you'll see). All vinyl, as per usual. Tracklist is as follows:

1. Survival, DLR & Octane - "Transition"
2. Break - "Who Got the Funk"
3. Bungle - "Cocooned"
4. Ulterior Motive - "Hey Judas"
5. Total Science & Break - "Big Time Winners"
6. Dave Owen - "Run the Jewels"
7. NC-17 & the Voss - "Scanners"
8. S.P.Y. - "Full Metal Jacket"
9. Fierce, Break & Nico – "Empire"
10. Amoss & Fre4knc - "The Passage"
11. Ulterior Motive - "Step Change"
12. Mako & Andy Skopes - "The Mercenary"
13. Ulterior Motive - "Featherweight VIP"
14. Mikal - "From Creation"
15. Amoss - "Recycle"
16. Enei & Kasra feat. Jakes – "Transmitter"
17. Survival - "The Sound"
18. Quadrant & NC-17 - "Dub Central"
19. S.P.Y. - "Black Ops"
20. Xtrah - "Fragments (feat. Hybrid & Skulpture)"
21. Stealth – "Scrummage"
22. Break - "Too Much"
23. Break & Total Science - "Betamax"
24. S.P.Y. - "Cold Wave"

Also just added a handful of other mixes to my Soundcloud (that I'll probably post up here in the near future).

Last edited:
Great skills on the mix, thoroughly enjoyed the mixes. I'll revisit this again at work.
Break - Too Much rock on

Thanks again. I felt good about it; glad you dug it. And I concur; like many Break tunes from the prior decade, Too Much holds up.

Nice featherweight VIP mix.

Right on. That one took a little planning, as the slight pause followed by the pattern change 128 after the drop made it feel smoother to hold off bringing it in (in any significant amount) until the beat had switched up.

My copy of Alone in the Dark pt 2 is quiet, yours doesn't seem to have that problem. Or are your gains cranked?

Sadly mine is on the quieter side as well. While you/one obviously has to keep track of which records are quiter, bassier, of blaring mids, etc. and compensate with EQs and gains, I tried to give the tunes that are noticeably lacking in bass and/or levels a little love in post. That said, there's a hefty disparity in how much "umph" Scrummage packs with all knobs at 12 o'clock , versus say Cold Wave, so yes, there was some added attention on the dials.

Thanks again. I felt good about it; glad you dug it. And I concur; like many Break tunes from the prior decade, Too Much holds up.

Right on. That one took a little planning, as the slight pause followed by the pattern change 128 after the drop made it feel smoother to hold off bringing it in (in any significant amount) until the beat had switched up.

Sadly mine is on the quieter side as well. While you/one obviously has to keep track of which records are quiter, bassier, of blaring mids, etc. and compensate with EQs and gains, I tried to give the tunes that are noticeably lacking in bass and/or levels a little love in post. That said, there's a hefty disparity in how much "umph" Scrummage packs with all knobs at 12 o'clock , versus say Cold Wave, so yes, there was some added attention on the dials.

Nice in depth reply man.

As to the featherweight VIP mix, yes, you nailed that one, imo.

It has a monstrous twister of a sound and sort of an off kilter beat that can be tricky to mix. Sometimes I avoid it because I haven't mastered it. Fun 10" to own tho. It goes good with Enei - Cracker too.

Nice mix man I'll have to fly out west someday and throw down with yall

Very enjoyable from the start, obv always a good start with a Break tune and bringing the funk mixed with Cocooned was a great way to grab my attention . Everything blended well and tight, Empire came in hard and i love that tune !
Bits round Featherweight VIP really liked great to hear Jakes then later Fragments - Too much ending on a high with the next 2 rollin out
Good mix !

Very enjoyable from the start, obv always a good start with a Break tune and bringing the funk mixed with Cocooned was a great way to grab my attention . Everything blended well and tight, Empire came in hard and i love that tune !
Bits round Featherweight VIP really liked great to hear Jakes then later Fragments - Too much ending on a high with the next 2 rollin out
Good mix !

Thanks very much for the positive analysis. Cheers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom