It's elemental ...

mesh

VIP Junglist
what elements of drum'n'bass do you most want to see developed into the future ?
I guess I'm asking, what do you like most and where can we go from here to continue it ?

Serum said:
Where do I start?
It's not that bad, no where near.

I'm quite happy really, there are plenty of 'sub-genres' within Drum & Bass / Jungle to keep the masses entertained. While all of it might not be to your tastes, I'm sure there is a fair bit that is.

sdm said:
It's not that bad, no where near.

I'm quite happy really, there are plenty of 'sub-genres' within Drum & Bass / Jungle to keep the masses entertained. While all of it might not be to your tastes, I'm sure there is a fair bit that is.
agreed
at the moment, you can find pretty much every genre of music, translated into drum an bass.
A way forward would be for a start an originality in writting tunes. but apart form that, right now im looking forward for many many tunes, an thats how one rates whether he likes the current state of the scene..
icon12.gif

Serum said:
Where do I start?

start by forgetting what you hate, and telling us what you love and want to develop. What needs to happen for you to stay happy listening to / making this music?
Don't leave us hanging mate!

(y)

mesh said:
start by forgetting what you hate, and telling us what you love and want to develop. What needs to happen for you to stay happy listening to / making this music?
Don't leave us hanging mate!

(y)
I'm happy making the music and playing it. Just not buying the new stuff. You can play old stuff can't you.

I just aint hearing sounds that get me going in the tunes these days. It's hard to sum up in a short phrase.

yeh I am enjoying buying older stuf at the moment too, and was wondering why that was ... I do like some of the new stuff of course.
Like Cube said, breaks like proper breaks need to be redeveloped, some producers are doing this I guess.
I wanna see more tunes like Paradox makes too

Back
Top Bottom