Is Jump Up evolving the wrong way?

Let me rephrase that for you: who are you to make the call on what is good and what is bad? How can you tell something is good or bad, right or wrong? Either you are going with the flow, accepting the major consensus (in which case the whole argument from your previous post is irrelevant) or you decide for yourself (which means it's only your opinion, nothing more, thus hardly any relevant).

Again, a matter of personal preferences. I didn't like Armageddon at all, The Island was much better imo. The Rock was his best movie by far tho, I think we could agree on that.

Your opinion no longer matters. Although, I will accept your comments on The Rock

prrp subjective. let me hit you with a quote a great man once said

well sure its subjective but so is furniture.
a solid oak table will be of better quality than an ikea pine table right?
now some people would prefer the ikea one and as a percentage more pople have chosen the ikea special. so now by your logic pine is a higher quality wood than oak.
you tell that to a tree, see what happens to you.

the thing to take away from this is.. today's jump is for teenagers, fans of mc's and the otherwise abled

just because something is popular doesn't make it good. radio 1 being the only example i need.
but if you need another example... chlamydia.. thats pretty popular but in no way a good thing.

I guess Jump Up is just very popular with young people because it is somehow a kind of very close to todays commercial dancefloor music, like most electro house tracks, the similarities being the structuring of a track and the focus on heavy basslines.
I mean, before it was very minimalistic, then it gained much more complexity in the 2000's and now it is getting more minimalistic again.

Mainly talking about artists like Camo & Krooked because in my opinion they sort of perfectly hit the spot between dancefloor music and Jump Up Drum & Bass in some of their tracks like "Get Dirty" or "Run Riot".

the thing to take away from this is.. today's jump is for teenagers, fans of mc's and the otherwise abled

just because something is popular doesn't make it good. radio 1 being the only example i need.
but if you need another example... chlamydia.. thats pretty popular but in no way a good thing.

not feeling that comparison tbh, cant compare something physical with an art form in that way

I like that analogy

i came from listening to drum and bass
my first dnb cd was cybotron
then i found jump up liquid etc and still like them all
but the new jump up sounds are shit

Back
Top Bottom