Is Jump Up evolving the wrong way?

SuBKA

I just thought about this question because I realized that I don't like most recent Jump Up tracks.

Back in the days there were like really punchy drums, with a lot of power and a bassline that would blow your mind. But at the same time they still had a melody or something very catchy about every tune. For example these tracks. (Gotta say though that Modified Motion & Faction stick to their style and keep it up)

Most recent Jump Up tunes are just wack, floppy drums with clap sounds, almost no hi hats and some random fx that can not really be called a bassline, for example these ones:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the same as any other sub genre man, it just happens to be to the fall guy of dnb

- - - Updated - - -

And Total Recall makes tunes trust me.

- - - Updated - - -

only teenagers listen to jump up these days mate.. ;)

nah seriously though MC's get much more recognition in jump up.

Well, I am 16 and I love Jump Up (listened to liquid before a friend of mine showed me an old modified motion track) but I only love the stuff that came out until like 2012, the only exception for me personally being Original Sin and Modified Motion, after that something must have gone wrong, but I think you can't say that only teens listen to it! :D

Last edited:
lol at nu elementz being "back in the days", wow I feel old

anyway, you just singled out a couple of tracks you think sound weak and then said all new jump up is like that. It isn't.

I call that "back in the days" because these are my personal "back in the days". ;)
I've subscribed to so many Jump Up channels on YouTube and all they post is this weird new stuff.

this is a useless thread.

jump was awesome

it still is awesome.

as before u just gotta sift through a few weak tunes....

Well, I am 16 and I love Jump Up (listened to liquid before a friend of mine showed me an old modified motion track) but I only love the stuff that came out until like 2012, the only exception for me personally being Original Sin and Modified Motion, after that something must have gone wrong, but I think you can't say that only teens listen to it! :D

stopped reading there

Your music tastes are maturing.

exactly. after a few years time everyone starts evolving, i've seen many jump up/dancefloor geeks who are into deep stuff now

Im into that guv minimal stuff, but nothings better than messy hats like taxman does it.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean listen to this NEW jump up. Its fockin sick.

stopped reading there
If you're refusing to respect anyone younger then you'll not come very far at life.

Gotta say that I maybe put everything in the same box too much but I still think that it is much harder to find good Jump Up tunes these days.

Last edited:
Most dnb heads around here are in denial. Apparently theres nothing wrong with the scene and everythings fine. I dissagree strongly.Its funny how you are 16 yet you are more aware than most around here. Jump up was good for abit now its a disscrase even puttin it in the same catagry of drum & bass.

Some possatives are that a couple of producers are goin back to the old jump up sound more mellody no annoying new sounds which is good news. Its them tacky drops I cant stand you know the ones

it has not been JUMP UP since 2010 and thats that, at the moment every 1 is using that same annoying bass sound which is wack if u ask me, thank god i stil got all my old skool 92 -94 tunes thats what makes me happy through this shitty same old same old so called jump up !!!

thanks for making me laugh

you're young (has nothing to do with disrespectfulness, just not being aware of the whole spectrum drum & bass has to offer, it's like you only start getting into it) and your taste is shit in my opinion but yeah each to his own. eventually you start maturing over the years and start to appreciate real tunes and after a few years you look back and think "oh, how right he was i was such a dork". it was always the same situation over and over again, i watched myself going from jump up dancefloor mayhem alà original sin & tantrum desire over camo & krooked to techy and then into deep dnb. i've been watching a lot of friends too who made the same changes in taste. the longer you're into the game the more you can appreciate stuff that is not just "banging" but has a more musical meaning/vibe to it

So you wan't to tell me it is immature not to listen to liquid and deep drum and bass? Sorry, but I don't know what is wrong with you.
There is no "better" or "worse" drum and bass. Sure, Jump Up is not the most complex sub-genre but it has still generated an awful lot of great tracks that are banging and still have a nice melody. Expand your horizon, your taste is not the ultimate thing for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom