DnB Is bass audible?

Bass is fine, but it's hitting way down between 37-40 hz is it not? Plenty of speakers roll off well above that, and/or your room may be messing with you. Use headphones to check your deep low end if you're having problems.

I can't hear it,
I have a crap sound card, good headphones, so should I be able to hear or not?

I'm kinda new to this, but I think sub-bass especially 50hz and below, tends to be felt as much as heard. Also bear in mind that the lower a sound is, the louder it needs to be before it's really audible, cause human ears are crap at picking up really low sounds.

I'd let some of the sub harmonics to hit, making it audible. I normally do this with my songs (although they're not Dnb, but dubstep), cutting about 90-100hz.

I think I'll make a new sub bass, want it more 'in the face'. There are two harmonics (~50Hz and ~100Hz) and I have tried everything, even when it's peaking at 0dB and over it is still not satisfying. Thanks guys, anyways, you like the clip?:P
And also how can I move the bass' fundamental freq without changing the note?

Last edited:
well frequency IS note in a way so you cant move it too much without it going out of tune, but subtle detune between a couple of different oscillators creates an interesting phase relationship in bass and can create 'movement' in the sub bass

well frequency IS note in a way so you cant move it too much without it going out of tune, but subtle detune between a couple of different oscillators creates an interesting phase relationship in bass and can create 'movement' in the sub bass
What about frequency shifting plugins, how do they work?

Bass is fine, but it's hitting way down between 37-40 hz is it not? Plenty of speakers roll off well above that, and/or your room may be messing with you. Use headphones to check your deep low end if you're having problems.
I'll be making a new sub, it sounds good on my bose headphones plugged to roland quad capture, but smoothassilk can't hear it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom