DnB I'm Sorry, Jump up mixed with drumstep

hello. proper JUMP UP tune, like it. imo, i would shorten the break and possibly add some weird riser to it. that pipe-alike synth is not coming through well on my speakers here, could sound different on other systems, you might wanna look into that. otherwise cool tune :2thumbs:

hello. proper JUMP UP tune, like it. imo, i would shorten the break and possibly add some weird riser to it. that pipe-alike synth is not coming through well on my speakers here, could sound different on other systems, you might wanna look into that. otherwise cool tune :2thumbs:

Thanks for your feedback :). I'll beef that synth up. The break was just thrown in there and will be getting a thorough work over at some point, those horrible hats need to go too lol.
Also, I will be adding risers and other little sound fx too. The sound is off a bit now, because I was working on headphones. When I get a chance I'll give it a lot of tweaking.

Agree with battletek, the snare gets tiring pretty quickly. Like the samples and the tune has plenty of vibes though.

For me the raspy bassline seems to be lagging behind the drums by just a fraction of a second which sucks a bit of energy out of the tune. Possibly have a play with the lfo starting point or adjust the attack time a bit.

Nice work overall though, enjoyed listening to it.

Last edited:
Agree with battletek, the snare gets tiring pretty quickly. Like the samples and the tune has plenty of vibes though.

For me the raspy bassline seems to be lagging behind the drums by just a fraction of a second which sucks a bit of energy out of the tune. Possibly have a play with the lfo starting point or adjust the attack time a bit.

Nice work overall though, enjoyed listening to it.

Cheers :), I have played about with the drums and switched up the snare a bit. Had a play with the lfo and changed the bass too. Also done a lot of polishing in general.

Edit: I added a few extra layers to the pipe sounding synth to fill up the mid range a bit more too.

Id chop the end of the snare or very... very short release and double it up, add disto to short snare and a little verb and mabye push it a little to the left or right (only a touch). your doubled up one id just allow a little more release and keep dry.

The noisy synth is a bit loud mabye?other than that great work man!

Id chop the end of the snare or very... very short release and double it up, add disto to short snare and a little verb and mabye push it a little to the left or right (only a touch). your doubled up one id just allow a little more release and keep dry.

The noisy synth is a bit loud mabye?other than that great work man!

Thanks for your feedback. I'm monitoring with hifi speakers at the moment and they tend to sound a little dull on top. I'll add a bit of mid back to that synth and cut some out of the top.

Layers, that could make the snare way better and all those awesome wobbles too. I'd compress the hell out of that snare and then add some short reberb, then side chain that reberb to the snare so it sounds bigger.

Layers, that could make the snare way better and all those awesome wobbles too. I'd compress the hell out of that snare and then add some short reberb, then side chain that reberb to the snare so it sounds bigger.

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. I'll do a bit more work when my monitors arrive :D.

Back
Top Bottom