How To Make A Skrillex Bassline (Massive)

It doesn't sound like Skrillex. It sounds like modern talking. :(

It's just a cheap yaya bass. I hate how people say that sounds like Skrillex. :L

It sounds nothing like Modern Talking. I try to steer clear of that, and as it says in the description you need to resample and add an effects chain. Thanks for the input!

I get frustrated when I see tutorials on how to sound like this or that.
If people spend enough time learning synths inside out they can create their own unique sounds

True that, but its also true that knowing how the artists before you or "above" you are doing what they are doing, then you can build on/avoid what they do depending on taste.
But then again, Dude looks old?

Exactly, its all about reverse engineering. Then you can build on that knowledge to produce a unique sound. After doing all these tutorials i can safely say that i can fire up Massive and make any sound i want straight away. Its definately been an interesting learning curve!

Nice stuff, Skrillex uses so many different sounds in one song so it's hard to pinpoint just one but you've done well. Think you got some competition from Dexters vid though :D

Ok, first you gotta look like your 20 years older then you really are, then go find someone to give you a horrid haircut and get some dickhead glasses, that should help you in the right direction :P either this or buy massive and use modern talking and modulate the wavetable position.

Ok, first you gotta look like your 20 years older then you really are, then go find someone to give you a horrid haircut and get some dickhead glasses, that should help you in the right direction :P either this or buy massive and use modern talking and modulate the wavetable position.

This is gold hahaha

Really why would you hate on someone because of his looks? I mean, why that? I don't care how someone looks if he makes good music.

Not that I'm hating on people right here, but I really think there's to much whining going on in the entire production scene, all these forums are filled with people hating on skrillex, hating on peoples looks, talking about alpaca's and so on. Why don't those guys just stop doing that and instead start producing a lot more. Skrillex is talented, maybe not one of the most talented in the harder Dubstep genre. Now stop whining guys and start producing!

start your own thing, you will get a lot more respect if you create your own sound

Yeah i fully agree, use these videos to make your own sound. I know from making these vids that sometimes i come up with even better and unique sounds.

not too bad man but i got sick of that melody pretty quick. I thought the second demo track showing the patch's was actually pretty sweet too, had that old school dubstep vibe.

How can you have oldschool dubstep, it's only been out a few years for fuck sake. Come back and say that in 2030, or when your balls drop, whichever happens first

Yeah i am working with FM8 at the moment and plan on uploading some videos i have done. Especially for growls and basslines!

Thanks for all the feedback and support guys. Much appreciated! Just won most viewed director on Youtube beating Vodaphone and ITN news!

Back
Top Bottom