Hospitality at Matter 6th November

Just out of interest, I'm travelling up to Cardiff on the 7th for the Hospitality night at The Great Hall... I'm usually into my much darker DnB and wouldn't usually be interested by anything to do with Hospital Records, but Spor and BSE are playing and I've been dying to catch Spor live for ages. I'm just wondering if they're likely to play tone-downed sets to keep within the Hospital sort of vibe, or whether to expect the usual sick & dirty beats from Spor and BSE.

Good good! Just had to check, 'cause at a lot of nights artists will usually play sets to fit with the general vibe of the crowd, and as this is a Hospital night I was bit worried I wasn't gonna witness Spor's usual 'in yer face' kind of madness. Anyway,a s long as he plays Bunblebee, I'll be more than satisfied! :D

tonight in going to be amazing, breakage will tear the place down and mj cole will be a nice little breather in hte night... funnily enough i'm looking forward to the dj's which aren't from the hospital camp... see ya'll there

What an amazing night!! The best night at matter I've ever had. All sets after Fabio were absolutely top class. Beardyman was incredible, the crowd noise when he finished was louder than any I have heard in a long time. I loved his version of Pulp Fiction and the dnb tune with the bob marley tune over it. Loved it how all the other dj's just stood and watched, like they couldnt believe what they were hearing either. London Elektricity played the best set I have heard him play. High Contrast smacked it. Danny Byrd was awesome, really mixed it up. Started with Horizons from Bukem was awesome. Cyantific is cyantific, top, top class. Loved his Ghetto Blaster and Titan mixed. Was great to hear tunes like we want your soul. Ed Rush played another great set, typical Ed Rush but absolutely awesome. Love his sound. All in all a fantastic night. One of the best ever, cant remember the last night when so many consecutive sets were amazing. Bring on January Hospitality.

cyantific and danny byrd had the best sets of the night IMO, really mixed it up with lots of different styles :D

still not sure about matter tho, just seems kind of sterile and clinical compared to say fabric or the end when it was around..

last night was seriously big first time at matter and all i was thinking though is a need to experiance a ram night there i mean the music was awsome last night but i found myself being in room 2 most of the night d-bridge, breakage and mj cole tore the place down, for me it just felt like the better room of the night... but i did catch a bit of london eleck right when he dropped subwave's stars get down that was amazing... ed rush killed it all i remember was diplodocus from him but it was an awsome set

oh yeah and i got the future sounds of russia full artwork for £8 which was pretty sweet that was defently highlight of the night for me

does anyone know what that heavy jump-up tune that kept getting rewound in room 1 was? pretty sure it got rewinds from high contrast, danny byrd and cyantific (it wasn't get low or shiners)

does anyone know what that heavy jump-up tune that kept getting rewound in room 1 was? pretty sure it got rewinds from high contrast, danny byrd and cyantific (it wasn't get low or shiners)

I know smooth by subfocus got rinsed.

nah definately wasnt smooth..had a 3 note grimey synth line which repeated itself twice, with some killer sub coming in on the second time

(pretty useless description i know :S)

What a sick night! my first Hospitality and it didnt disappoint. i was fucked so didnt remember much lol....

got in there half way through Matrix set, which was alrite. Fabio played a decent set, rinsing Tuning VIP and Hypercaine!!
listened to the first 10 minutes of Beardyman and frankly i got bored, especially when he done his version of Rock It. so instead went into Room 2 where The Nextmen were tearing it down with some old skool classics, including some Forgot About Dre remix and that Crookers tune, cant remember the name tho.

then London Elektricity in Room 1. Stars Get Down and Red Mist VIP were definately highlights!! High Contrast was dropped his Adele and Calvin Harris remixes, very good to sing along to when your pissed.
didnt see much of Danny Byrd to be honest as i was in Room 2 catching some D-Bridge. i went mental when he dropped Forsaken. was great to hear Wonder Where too.

didnt know Cyantific's intro tune but he mixed it with Disconnected (VIP?) i think. anyways, he absolutely smacked it and his outro was just as sick! Jungle FX>>>If We Ever o_O

Ed Rush was murdering those decks!! again i didnt recognise his opening tune but then he did Kingdom>>>Diplodocus FTW!!!! :sick: after that he was just smacking. dropped Bacteria remix along the line aswell. ended up leaving at like 5.45am. So nice having the Jubilee Line working. got home at 7 instead of the usual half 9 lol

Roll on Ram.

oh yeh just remembered, did Danny Byrd play a vip of Red Mist VIP? lol

Haha yeah that gave me a good laugh! Red mist vip vip.

Overall though, the whole night was absolutely fantastic. I wish i could say more but i just got back home and i'm shattered.

How awesome was Cyantifics Ghetto Blaster/Titan mix??!!!! such a wicked night. Been raving for quite a few years and last night was definitely one of the best nights ever. I wish I could do it all again. Cant remember another rave when the sets were so consistenly awesome.

Back
Top Bottom