Having a mix at home and pretending your playing out in a rave.......

its all about performing to your wall !!!!!! my lill brother has a wall size poster of the crowd at download festival. maybe i should put it up on my wall :)

Yes I do this a lot! Thought people would think I was mad If I told them I do this, especially calling a rewind for myself lol! Think a read somewhere about Andy saying he used to imagine playing to crowds in his bedroom before he got big as well!

Haha, night before last i had a dream i was in brixton academy, twas packed out, raving away with my 2 closest mates. The dj booth was in the middle of the crowd, not on the stage....Suddenly i was at the decks, and my 2 mates brought me 2 boxes of vinyl, and i dropped Camo & Krooked - Stand Up and everyone went fucking mental.

Twas amazing.

Yes I do this a lot! Thought people would think I was mad If I told them I do this, especially calling a rewind for myself lol! Think a read somewhere about Andy saying he used to imagine playing to crowds in his bedroom before he got big as well!

have heard this haha.. think it was on an interview if i remember rightly!

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

When i play at raves i pretend im mixing at home

with your slippers on and a cup of tea on the side

pfft thats nothing.. i dont even have DECKS and i pretend to mix to a crowd

well I have a mixer now.. so I could use that.. in my head im a fucking scratch wizard

i often do this
i also do a weird woops face to my imaginary crowd if i screw up!:teeth:

i get over excited and run to the corner of my room and start doing a little dance. not quite imaginary crowd, i act out the crowd ;)

I put on a live Andy C & GQ set on my ipod, lock the bathroom, look in the mirror (the crowd) and use the cold & hot taps as EQ nobs.

Then I rinse.

lol, then he's all like

35bgn4g.jpg

"wat"

Matty i swear this is actually my dog!!

Standard. I let the dogs come in when im mixing then when I do a phat mix I look at them and im all like "WHATS THAT? YOU WANT A REWIND? REWIND FA ALL MA DAGZ"

Rewind the tune, buss a smile, hands in the air clapping, rinse, lather, repeat.

Yes Yesss

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

When ive got my drum and bass playin at home and im in the shower i pretend im at the rave and have alittle naked shower skank

i dont envision a big rave, but i often go mental in the studio

This is the best thread ever. Turntables are long gone, but I still got some mixes from back in the day. When I'm in the mood I close my eyes and do a fucked up 2-step......tongue out and all that. A little embarrassing when the old girl catches me doin' that; really embarrassing when the kids catch ya. They just don't know. Ah the good ol' dayz.

Packman

if you mix some bits well together why not be proud of it and start pretending? i always feel a llittle bit proud when my friends suddenly start nodding with their heads and look at me like they're hypnotized

Back
Top Bottom