Getting a 'Big' Reverb

jakeshiftzw

Shiftz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc6vS77v9K0

How does Lenzman get his Reverb sounding so big on his synths and instruments in this track? I use logic and i normally use PlatinumVerb but i still can't get this big Reverb sound. Still sounds really damp. I've also tried Space Designer but it tends to be a bit too much. What other kinds of methods could you use? And if you have any suggestions for good Reverb plugins for free or to buy then please share these with me! Cheers!

I really like that track.

Some of the parts are a mixture of Delay & Reverb, Space Designer is a good convolution Reverb Plug-In.
If you're positioning your Reverb Plug-In on a bus, try sending the individual track through a pre fader send. This will opt for an even 'wetter' signal, which you may prefer.

put some reverb in series and generally dont let much of the dry signal come through if you really want that big sound. watch out tho, muddies things up quite a lot..

put some reverb in series and generally dont let much of the dry signal come through if you really want that big sound. watch out tho, muddies things up quite a lot..

Yeah worth cutting out all the low frequencies of the reverb to make it less muddy..

I dont use reverb to make synths stereo.... look at NUGEN audio stereo VST pack....its four vst and you can really tweak it to
perfection,its much cleaner and tighter sounding than reverb and you can go batshit crazy with the width just like reverb

reverb have pre delay,tail,and they color the sounds... you can get the space,the width without these problems with NUGEN

Back
Top Bottom