Fruity Loops

Primal said:
Just made a pretty decent sounding tune using fruity loops of all things. I'm surprised. :bump:
You would be surprised with who uses Floops (y)

Hell, I use it to mess around too!

sdm said:
You would be surprised with who uses Floops (y)

Hell, I use it to mess around too!

i know this maybe a silly question but is fruity loops jus like a sequencer with programmed loops that can be made into tracks or can you pattern your imported or one shot drum samples to make original loops? :D Daky

daky said:
i know this maybe a silly question but is fruity loops jus like a sequencer with programmed loops that can be made into tracks or can you pattern your imported or one shot drum samples to make original loops? :D Daky
It's a sequencer & a whole lot more yoou just gotta get a manual & a bit of time to understand it fully. I've only just started breaking into the more complex features it's got. You can import single WAV.files or loops & the amount of manipulation you can do to each sound is endless. All about the Piano Roll & the Slicer imo :sick:

FL Studios 4's wicked. Dont really understand people who slate it, you can put any plugin in, i find it very user-friendly. Concord Dawn use it.

OK, this may sound incredibly stupid, but here goes anyway, been into mixing a while, want to try and do a little bit of beat work, just to see how it works, got Fruity Loops and sliced the whole amen break, could someone point me in the direction of getting the pattern right to make it sound vaguely like an amen that you would want to hear as opposed to the random noise I keep getting?

Could do with pointers on which parts of the amen are used and where to put them for the basic beat.

Cheers

HonestMark said:
OK, this may sound incredibly stupid, but here goes anyway, been into mixing a while, want to try and do a little bit of beat work, just to see how it works, got Fruity Loops and sliced the whole amen break, could someone point me in the direction of getting the pattern right to make it sound vaguely like an amen that you would want to hear as opposed to the random noise I keep getting?

Could do with pointers on which parts of the amen are used and where to put them for the basic beat.

Cheers
OK, done you a quick demo of how my Amen break looks at 175 BPM.

Check the sound file and the piano roll screen shot, you should be able to hear what I did on screen.

Attachments

• amendemo.jpg
    amendemo.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 300
  • amendemo.mp3
    94.2 KB · Views: 288
u can use any wav sound sample on fruity
u just go to google and type in free sound samples and u get loads of sites. then on each sample or sample pack u rite click and go to save preset as...
then choose the fruity file u wana save it in eg. real drum kit

sdm said:
OK, done you a quick demo of how my Amen break looks at 175 BPM.

Check the sound file and the piano roll screen shot, you should be able to hear what I did on screen.

yo SDM, dont think ive got that particular amen variant, you want to swap, hit me up on MSN ((USERNAME:Bungle = email:skunkprolapse@hotmail.com))

BTW, ive got bout 6/7 diff amens, plus all firefight breaks. gimme a shout bro

hey whats up,
iv been use'n FL for about 5 years and I pretty much Know all of its features. I think one of the reasons why it gets hated is because of its name.
Fruityloops doesn't mach up with Cubase,reason,logic,or protools. I feel the real power comes to FL when you get other VSTi efx and run it inside Cubase SX with rewire, well thats what I do and it works for me.

Back
Top Bottom