Fruity Loops

hmmm... regarding vsts for fruity...

i prefer to use buzzmachines instead. there are some advantages to this: 1) they are all FREE 2) they sound great 3) you can automate any of the parameters unlike vsts

get them from www.buzzmachines.com

use them by inserting "buzz generator adaptor" as an instrument or inserting "buzz effect adaptor" in the fx panel.

dippedincustard said:
hmmm... regarding vsts for fruity...

i prefer to use buzzmachines instead. there are some advantages to this: 1) they are all FREE 2) they sound great 3) you can automate any of the parameters unlike vsts

get them from www.buzzmachines.com

use them by inserting "buzz generator adaptor" as an instrument or inserting "buzz effect adaptor" in the fx panel.
Some of the Buzz adapters are sick (y)

Nice one.

i used to run fruity back when I started and quickly moved to Reason. But seems like a lot of people inlcuding several bigname producers are throwin down with fruity. I'mma have to check it out again.

i use it + cubase plus soungforge for eq.tried out logic and reason but i dont connect to well with those softs.for some time now i want to try out some other software (kontakt) cause its good doing stuff with other programs,but fruity is really amazing and really user friendly.now after reading this i really want to stick with it
check it

Fl Studio 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW FEATURES

New automation clips in playlist.
New powerful arpeggiator tool in piano roll.
New Fruity WaveShaper effect plugin.
New option to render audio files with slice markers (regions) built-in (regions are defined as beat markers for Adobe Audition).
Fruity Slicer now gets slices from audio file cue points as well (as well as trigger key #).
Much improved Fruity Slicer, with stretching and REX loops support, and enhanced fill gaps.
New 'make unique' option for audio clips to severe parts.
New time-stretching and pitch-shifting in audio tracks (with several modes, including the Elastique engine).
Tempo-synced preview of stretched samples.
Added author & genre to song properties, saved inside WAV files and MP3 tags.
Added tempo detector to audio tracks to align project tempo to song clips.
New drum flam tool in piano roll.
DrumSynth Live now supports 120 patches.
Enhanced Fruity Granulizer with transient-alignment and new skin.
Audio recording can now be undone, and mixer track arming button can be right-clicked not to prompt for a filename.
Added note legato and articulation tool in piano roll.
Added better automation smoothing to MIDI remote control (knob works as 1 pole or 3 poles).
Can now load MP3's into sampler channels and audio clips.
Setting for steps per beat now adjust tempo as well (no need for tempo-doubling tricks anymore).
Fruity Slicer note dumping is now done in piano roll selection (if any).
New slicing engine in Fruity Slicer and FL (audio clips).
Stacked notes in piano roll randomizer now work better.
Made brush default tool in event editor.
Little bugfix for monophonic mode in step sequencer.
Restyled Fruity HTML NoteBook plugin.
Background wallpaper can now be HTML pages.
Bugfix in Sytrus (making it a little faster).
Added copy/paste preset to Sytrus, to share presets between all plugin versions of it.
Added global envelope mode to Sytrus (version 1.2), for perfect gated presets.
Fixed crash when deleting MIDI out channels sometimes.
Song markers now properly stored in rendered waves even with tempo changes.
Fixed memory leak in Fruity Slicer plugin.
Updated drum list in the MIDI out plugin to the GM2 standard.
Made channel resampling option always enabled.
'Keep on disk' samples can now be modified (loaded from disk when needed).
Can now check 'keep on disk', 'resample' & other options even when not possible.
Newbie enhancement: snapping is off by default.
Can now drop samples onto the channel settings window.
Preview now only loads the few first seconds (for MP3's to preview faster).
XY controller now supports multiple joysticks.
Right-clicking the recording disk to arm a mixer track won't prompt for a filename.
Added option not to auto-unarm mixer tracks.
Selecting an ASIO input now arms the mixer track automatically.
Added option to trim audio clip parts outside playlist selection.
Auto-envelope cleaning in step edit mode in Sytrus & Fruity Waveshaper envelopes.
Remove transposing from quantization tool - quantization scores can now safely contain notes other than C5.
Toolbars can now be locked.
Replace 'Ignore velocity' option by 'Velocity link', to control per-note filter using velocity.
Can now shift+click note events to unselect them.
Can now set one of the external audio editors to replace the default one.
MIDI input velocity can now be linked to per-note filter parameters.
Added support for Hercules DJ Console (when set in MIDI mode, endless knobs, coupled switches, special switches & middle jog work).
Added sampler interpolation method selector for realtime playback (audio settings)."

its geting better and so im I

I've really gotten comfortable with FLStudio, I know its little idiosyncracies and can navigate round it quite speedily. Some stuff seems to be much more readily-available, to-hand instantly in FLStudio than it is in other sequencers like Cubase SX 3. In fact, some features of Cubase SX 3 I'm lost with - they're so obscured, so hard to find, it really pisses me off.

junglist1 said:
Does anybody know how to assign FX's to certain channels on Cubase or FL4
FL Studio.

Load a sample or synth, assign that to a FX channel by selecting the sample in the step sequencer and hitting CTRL+L, this will then highlight the FX channel selected, assign your FX in that window (reverb, delay, distortion etc.) and you're all set!

Hope that helps.

Actually what I need to know is if say I put a bassline on a channel in the step sequencer and I want to add a flanger to it.How do I do that?

click on it , go top left button on the 'channel settings' window -> assign free mixer channel or ctrl-L. should be able to add effects to the mixer channel or sends.

new one released soon

Attachments

• FLStudioAddCM.jpg
    FLStudioAddCM.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 93
I'm new to writing tracks so I have alot of ?'s. Anyway I want to know how to write a bassline on FL thats winds from high to low or vice versa

Back
Top Bottom