friction or andy c??

Cool man Joe

and you're right - I was only telling a story that was told to me by one guy about one occasion, he might have just been in a pissy mood that day, doesn't mean he's like that all the time!

So Friction then, does he wash?

Andy C sed himself on the Fabio show a while back that hes sometimes receiving upwards of 25 new tunes a week. Surely this shows the sheer ammount of tunes and mixing versatility that the man has. He probably gets dubs from perhaps every decent artist in the scene. This puts people like Hazard (who generally play their own dubs) light years away from Andy C in terms of mixing ability imo. *For those who want to argue the Hazard situation

Andy C sed himself on the Fabio show a while back that hes sometimes receiving upwards of 25 new tunes a week. Surely this shows the sheer ammount of tunes and mixing versatility that the man has. He probably gets dubs from perhaps every decent artist in the scene. This puts people like Hazard (who generally play their own dubs) light years away from Andy C in terms of mixing ability imo. *For those who want to argue the Hazard situation

I think it's more of an indicator of how much producers want to have their tunes played by him than anything. Lets face it if Andy C starts rinsing your tune then it a guaranteed hit...

If he starts opening his sets with it then wowee, that's big time..

Whatever man, a DJ is meant to respond, feed off, tease, educate, and entertain the crowd, it's called making a connection with your audience...

That's what makes a great DJ Andy C or Friction, and mediocre one DJ Hazard

Hey if you don't agree then that's cool man, no worries, you're entitled to your opinion...

Now can we go back to Andy and Friction pls, go start a Hazard thread if that's what you wanna post about...

:word:

first things first. hazard considers himself a producer above anything, and values that above anything, djing second.he has never made any kind of statement regarding his djing. i think shadow sniper said it?, djing isn't just about mixing. agreed its a big part, but its also about taking the crowd up, down, fast, and slow. the guy who does the cd packs for slammin ( i think cant remember off the top of my head ) said to hazard he hates doing his sets cos of the amount of tunes he plays compared to other dj's sets. as he has to break the set down to tracks. his answer. " i like to give the ravers value for money " also being a popular/good dj should involve making youself affordable to regular people. not just super events. and to end any kind of further argument.... you want the best dj in regards to mixing???? answer. RANDALL. end of
focker out

i was waiting for that :)

seen.

he was spending £300 on dubs a week at one point.
then he bought final scratch to save himself the hassle (money) of finding out after cutting tunes that they didn't sound good together....

Ive just looked it up.
It says you dont need to take vinyls with you when you play. i dont get it.

final scratch is the same as serato, if you don't know what that is, look it up.

basically, instead of andy spending £300 to cut dubs every week. then taking them home to have a mix, and finding out the tunes don't go well together, he doesn't like them in the mix... whatever reason.

he spends £300 on final scratch, and as soon as he's sent a tune he can mix them at home (through the control vinyl) see what sounds good, see how they work with other tunes.

then he can go out and spend £100 on cutting only what he wants.

Last edited:
Yo, Friction is a BEAST no doubt about that. Andy never thought too much of that guy. But 95% of u kids are spaced out or geeked up so your gonna like Andy. What gets me is that everything is soo distorted really . FRICTION hands down..,.....

Have you actually been to see either of these DJ's live? Andy C Distorted? Get some new headphones for your ipod then you geek.

Could Friction of done a b2b with Marky for 6 hours @ The End and outshine him like Andy did a couple weeks ago. No.

The presence and atmosphere Andy C brings is far superior to Friction. Friction is good don't get me wrong but it's pretty clear who is number one. If you go raving often enough it's even more obvious.

Agreed with this.

Back
Top Bottom