Friction on CDJs

pffft. who cares what the music comes out of if the sound is good enough?

medium is nothing, content is everything.

this isn't about the format wars imo, this is about friction, who is one of the biggest people in the scene right now being booked but not being given the equipment he needs to play his set. If it was the other way round, someone wanted cdjs and they only had technics that seems fair enough to me. the dj should have the choice of what format he wants to play.

I personally go to clubs to hear good tunes…..not watch a dj mix a vinyl………if the selection is good then happy days……I think the sound tech thing is a cop out though, what clubs have techs that cant set up a pair of decks? C'mon

this isn't about the format wars imo, this is about friction, who is one of the biggest people in the scene right now being booked but not being given the equipment he needs to play his set. If it was the other way round, someone wanted cdjs and they only had technics that seems fair enough to me. the dj should have the choice of what format he wants to play.

True that .

But the whole crying about djs not playing vinyl is a bit sad if you ask me. The average raver does not give one single fuck

True that .

But the whole crying about djs not playing vinyl is a bit sad if you ask me. The average raver does not give one single fuck

can't argue with that. Personally I won't dj with cdjs as I don't have the same excitement and connection with the music that I get from playing vinyl, however as long as people are playing big riddims I don't mind what they play it on. should be at the djs discretion though, not the lazy arse clubs.

anyways we are quickly slipping into a whole other debate

If you don't care about vinyl, you wïll not care about Friction leaving to play with cds or caring at all about what format he plays. The point is vinyl has a big tradition in D&B which can't be denied. I for myself care about and the more big name DJ's leave to play with vinyl the sooner it will disappear from the market. If you don't care, don't mind to post at all...

thats a fucking joke.

apparently on friday at sound control in manchester a dewck died on bryan g - man had to play tunes of a single deck for a while according to my mate who was there..

thats fucking out of order, bet friction went mental

Im just wondering, imagine if Goldie or Andy C & Hype and been behind him, mega kick off!

If you don't care about vinyl, you wïll not care about Friction leaving to play with cds or caring at all about what format he plays. The point is vinyl has a big tradition in D&B which can't be denied. I for myself care about and the more big name DJ's leave to play with vinyl the sooner it will disappear from the market. If you don't care, don't mind to post at all...

Vinyl will probably disappear regardless of which big name DJ's use it.

Other music genre's have moved on, I don't see why the DnB scene has this fixation with vinyl.

I have a huge collection back to the 90's but I'm still not fussed about the move to digital. Couldn't care less what the music is played on to be honest.

Vinyl will probably disappear regardless of which big name DJ's use it.

Sure, no denying in that! I'm just saying I can see vinyl disappear much quicker if big name DJ's stop to play with vinyl. Imagine there's only digi releases the market would be flooded with shit. The only thing that differs shit with good are the labels still risking to release something on vinyl. Obviously there's shit on there too, as there is great digi stuff but vinyl for me always seperated that. Without the vinyl there will just be an overflooded market.

Back
Top Bottom