Friction on CDJs

Not sure I really care that much because I have given up on Friction. Fair enough he plays the occasional good set down at shogun, been cable twice this year and he was decent. But I have seen him at other events this year and he has been consistently FUCKING ATROCIOUS. No joke he actually double dropped rock it with game over at global on Saturday. Biggest pile of wank I have heard, followed by sweet shop, we all had to just leave. Takes the piss how someone who gets that much opportunity to go and tear it up week in week out can flop so hard. So many better djs on this forum alone. Rant over....

Yeah man, its all about andy and cyantific, those r the two most talented djs in my opinion on the dnb scene for technical ability

Always uses vinyl too, not that its important, but always nice to see

I have seen cyantific yet . But I reckon the best djs I have seen are dj Amc and marky by far also crissy criss is up there.
I have only seen andy c once and because of the pedestal everyone puts him on I expected perfection . But I was disappoint

AMC and Cyantific are the two most impressive DJs I've seen. Andy C and Friction are standardly up there and both bring MASSIVE vibes.

What a dick! I feel so much happier when I'm mixing vinyl coz the music's more at the bottom end and it sounds heavier. Mp3's grate the fuck out of you eventually.

Friction's a fool really. I saw him this time last year at Fabric and he killed it with his first tune because the guy before him was playing cd's. Cant imagine why he's switching now.

I dunno about Shogun @ Cable recently but when Shogun was at the Lightbox twice & the first one at Cable, Friction had got the sound engineer from The End in to deal with business.

Re his switching to cd's, as I said previously I can't say I blame him but it's very sad.

And to the people saying he's shit - stop going to shitty raves & go somewhere decent that has a decent sound system (& set up!!!) and you'll be eating your words

I dunno about Shogun @ Cable recently but when Shogun was at the Lightbox twice & the first one at Cable, Friction had got the sound engineer from The End in to deal with business.

Re his switching to cd's, as I said previously I can't say I blame him but it's very sad.

And to the people saying he's shit - stop going to shitty raves & go somewhere decent that has a decent sound system (& set up!!!) and you'll be eating your words

I didnt go to a "shitty rave". Other DJs on the same night performed alot better than he did

Where were you then?

You probably werent referring to my comment then or you didnt read it properly

I have seen friction 6 times and everytime he's been dog shit. All at big venues like motion, global gathering and the o2 academy . But I have heard a few mixtapes where's he's played a banging set. But because of all the times I have seen him live I personally don't rate him at all

* The nights were a mixture of Bedlam events one of the run events and global gathering 2010

I have seen friction 6 times and everytime he's been dog shit. All at big venues like motion, global gathering and o2 academy . But I have heard a few mixtapes where's he's played a banging set. But because of all the times I have seen him live I personally don't rate him at all

see friction at a shogun event and he'll smash the place, anywhere else and he'll play a standard cba set

we are set for that change, i think like another 50 years and the turntable will look about as out of date as a gramophone does now.

its going to be a leap of faith tho, when the music industry made its shift from physical to digital, it lost a lot of money, but it had to adapt and in the long run we are moving to bigger and better things,
and maybe the excessive amount of cash spent on vinyl pressing and distribution can be put into something more appropriate for everyone.

its on its way out, I think when vinyl goes, maybe we will see dnb market adapt more for Long Plays and concept albums and stuff.

I think whats happened here is just a small pocket of the electronic music scene ie. some dnb heads have become stuck in the times, good on them and all that jazz i love vinyl too, just the rest of the music world haven't dug their heads in the sand and moved on.

Dnb is such a minority, you must remember this, these big clubs probably cater for bands with all sorts of kit, now dj's have various setup's too, plus all sorts of add-on's so they aren't retarded, they just moved on with the times, as friction said when its his own night he will have decks, but when its not he will use cdj's. albeit when a band is headlining they have rule of the roost, and the others make do with whats given to them, its not an ideal situation but hey it is what it is, move on

pffft. who cares what the music comes out of if the sound is good enough?

medium is nothing, content is everything.

nah, i think medium still matters quite a bit. i still get more mind-blown when i see someone do something amazing w/ vinyls instead of controllers or cdjs.

I have seen alot of clubs shoving the decks aside and pulling the cdj's forward its happening everywhere

This doesn't surprises me, vinyl will always be king for technical skill, warmth of sound and visual impact. However times are changing and other genres are setting trends in the mediums they use; which impacts a club and promoters choice of equipment for a venue. Blame them.....

Back
Top Bottom