Friction on CDJs

whats the point, i don't understand the wuss about cdj vs vinyl lately, it's still music, wether it comes from cds, vinyls, or digitally. and bla about vinyl is more skilled i mean it's 2011, move on. soon there will be the same discussion about virtual devices (controllers) vs cdjs i bet

Do you mix?

---------- Post added at 03:44 ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 ----------

I have seen cyantific yet . But I reckon the best djs I have seen are dj Amc and marky by far also crissy criss is up there.
I have only seen andy c once and because of the pedestal everyone puts him on I expected perfection . But I was disappoint

AMC is a talented DJ but I feel that sometimes he brings tunes in too early when a little bit of extra time needs to be spent on the pitch.
Hes still decent with a capital D though

---------- Post added at 03:46 ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 ----------

Vinyl will probably disappear regardless of which big name DJ's use it.

Other music genre's have moved on, I don't see why the DnB scene has this fixation with vinyl.

I have a huge collection back to the 90's but I'm still not fussed about the move to digital. Couldn't care less what the music is played on to be honest.

I'm the opposite, I don't tend to appreciate good mixes on CD's, I normally prefer hearing an average mix on vinyl.

Just noticed that Friction used 4 CDJs at Shogun Audio @ Digital Brighton. I thought he was only going to be using CDJs when he was at festivals which had shit technical support?

310826_10150272245526618_7450466617_8073913_5507433_n.jpg

your all missing the point. Seems to me friction is sacrificing his enjoyment of his work so he can still entertain people like you... all because promoters these days don't give a shit and know fuck all. Sound tech's my arse all they do these days is plug a couple leads in and that's it, jobs a good'n in their eyes. Good on Andy for making the demands he does, he's the talent, a promoter should be thankful he's got him booked and should be doing his utmost to make him feel comfortable for him to perform at his best. friction should be doing the same as should all DJ's and producers who have put in the hard work to get to that kind of professional level. If promoters don't like that then don't fucking book them cos for that 1 promoter i bet theres 10 who would bite their own arm off to have the likes of Andy and Friction play their event.
Moral of the story, stop being so selfish and stop coming back to the same old argument.

Truth

I dont think he used all 4 tbh. I think there are just 4 of them there. The one furthest to the right doesnt have a CD in it

try mixing stuff like the shape the future remix, strontium jazz remix, friday etc at .6 and see how far you get.

plus its the same for vinyl anyway you just dont have a display, and when you have a shit pitch that isnt accurate it makes no difference.

besides i dont see why its an issue. friction blatantly can mix

I was joking. I've used a CDJ once but I hear everyone who has transitioned from vinyls to cds say the same thing 'its so much easier'.

its easier to mix on physically because the jog wheel is more malleable, you can alter how sensitive it is and so on.

horses for courses though, pitches feel better on tts, but the jog wheel on cds is superior imo

didn't mean to react to the .6 thing, im nackered

Ëåâèí è Ïàíêî&

ÄÏÑ ÞÀÎ êîìàíäèð.âçâîäà? ÄÏÑ þ.ËÅÂÈÍ è ÏÀÍÊΠçàðàáàòûâàþò íà õëåá.(èêðó.êðóòóþ òà÷êó.áëàòíûå íîìåðà.è ìàëåíüêèé äîìèê â íåñêîëüêî ýòàæåé.ñìîòðèì îò êóäà ó íèõ áàáêè- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEX47rb_ILA..Ëè÷íîå îáðàùåíèå ê âàì óðîäû:ïîäñòàâëÿòü àâòîâëàäåëüöåâ âîñïîëüçîâàâøèñü ñâîèì ñëóæåáíûì ïîëîæåíèåì -íå êðàñèâî!!!Êàê ðàíüøå-ïîñòóïàëè îôèöåðû-ïóñêàëè ñåáå ïóëþ â âåñîê,÷òîáû íå ñðàìèòü ñâîé ìóíäèð è ñâîé ðîä.ÎÄÍÀÆÄÛ ÂÛ ÌÅÍß ÏÎÄÑÒÀÂÈËÈ -ÍÀ ÄÎÐÎÃÅ ÑÂÎËÎ×È.ÒÅÏÅÐÜ ÏÎ ÆÈÇÍÈ ß ÁÓÄÓ ÇÀ ÂÀÌÈ ÑËÅÄÈÒÜ!!!!!!!!!!!È ÅÁÀÒÜ!ÅÁÀÒÜ!ÅÁÀÒÜ!È ÅÙ¨ ÐÀÇ ÅÁÀÒÜ!!Ïîòîìó ÷òî âû îáîðîòíè â ïîãîíàõ!à òàêæå ïîäñòàâëÿåòå ñâîèõ æå-ïàöàíîâ--**ñëèâàåòå** èõ!!!È ïî ñàóíàì ñî øëþõàìè íå õîðîøî øëÿòüñÿ.(ÊÀÊ ÍÀ ÝÒÎ ÏÎÑÌÎÒÐßÒ ÂÀØÈ Æ¨ÍÛ???È ñîòðóäíè÷àòü ñ óñá òîæå íå õîðîøî!äðóæèòü ñ **ñóäüÿìè** òîæå íå õîðîøî.Êîðî÷å-âû ñàìè çíàåòå âñ¸ õîðîøî è áåç ìåíÿ...Íî ÁÎà âàì ÑÓÄÜß!èëè äüÿâîë -ñìîòðÿ êîìó âû ïîêëîíÿòåñü.ÄÎ âñòðå÷è!

Outlook 2011 - Friction on CDJ's....... Fair play with travel/set up/whatever!
Shogun Audio Brighton the week before - Friction on CDJ's...... Bollocks!

If he can't even play vinyl at his own night, in his home town then he isn't ever! Don't really care to be honest thought his set was big at Outlook (minus Mr. Happy into his last tune :tut:), just think that his excuse for all this is a bit weak!

Back
Top Bottom