FRICTION COPYING ANDY C's MIXES

• Thread starter Subsonicdeejay1
  • Start date
Does it really matter? Its not like Friction has copied his entire set!

its a mix or two that lasts about 1 minute with these guys (maybe two if theres a rewind)

I think people are making it a big issue when it isn't

i dont get this. in other genres this happens al the time think about it.

different djs mixing the same tracks the optimum way. if theres a good mix they find it cos theyve got sharp taste and then they mix it the same cos thats the best way to do it.

its bin going on since time began.

am pretty sure that friction dunt go home and order loadsa of andy c sets to listen to em then plots replica mixes. people have thought bout this too much.

Similarities...fair play but he's literally mixing them exactly the same is a bit batty especially as there's loads of basass shogun tunes that Andy wouldn't be playing, personally, although i like friction he's a couple of strides behind Andy anyway in terms of consistency!

Gotta say im with Riisu with this as well.
At the end of the day they are both amazingly talanted djs
at the top end of the scene. They are gonna be getting the
same tunes ish and its only natural for there to be some
similarities in their choice of individual mixes.

Its probably a bit of both. Firstly, I really doubt Friction slyly nicks his mixes. It would be stupid and loose him credibility. Secondly, why does it have to be sly? He probably heard Together Vip / Tear You Down and loved it and now plays it himself sometimes, not to be a cunt but probably more a "big up Andy, wicked mix". I know I did that mix a lot of times after I heard Andy do it. Luckily for me I've got two mixes for Tear You Down that I feel beat Andys! :D

My original post was an opinion which I'll stand by. I've got no beef with Friction at all. I just found the mixes I mentioned a bit too coincidental as I've heard Andy do the very mixes when I've been out with him when he's played.

With regards to the whole 'key' thing... I didn't mean Friction never does the odd mix in key - he does do the odd mix in key occasionally... I just know that 95% of andy's set is mixed in key. Sure there will be the odd mix where he is switching key and uses bridging tunes to start mixing in a different key or mixing in just a vocal hook - like boobjunkie mentioned in the hovercraft example - but the majority of Andy c's mixes are all in key. Drum and bass is mainly written in either d, e, f, f#, g, g# - he markshis dubs in key by colour coding them so he can find a tune quickly.

Like I said before... It's an opinion... Not everyone shares the same opinion. :)

I don't think Friction would be sad enough to steal Andy's mixes. If two tunes drop well together, they drop well together, end of! I'm sure its just pure co-incidence that this has happened.

I don't think Friction would be sad enough to steal Andy's mixes. If two tunes drop well together, they drop well together, end of! I'm sure its just pure co-incidence that this has happened.

:word:

I agree with Riisu and his band of merry men...

Subsonic, get your face away from Andy's arse! :gang_bang

Why does everyone bum Andy C so much he is good don't get me wrong but people go on like he's untouchable.

Give me a Friction set anyday!!!!!

there are thusands off mixes that have been copied its one of them things man, asif friction needs to copy andy c. there both sick. If a mix goes down well with the crowed who give two shit if its already been done. How fuckin sad you have to be to care about that!! ITS DRUM N BASS just enjoy the beats!

Back
Top Bottom