Forthcoming Metalheadz releases

Every single one of those essential. If the bloody label was better run (it has a sort of endearing messiness about it I guess, but next to clinical release dates and PR like Critical and Hospital it's rubbish) it would be by miles the best label in d&b. Might be on the strength of the releases alone anyway.

ive given up on re-call to mind. By october i wont even want to play those remixs anymore, they'll probably sound a little dated.
Im exited by these though, big stuff.
Hopefully the jubei ep is out before october or i fear we'll never see it

Meth084 - Lenzman - Open Page / Coincidence
Meth085 - S.P.Y - Favela / Xenomorph
Meth088 - Commix - Deep Rhodes / Justifed (Spectrasoul Remix)
Meth089 - Jubei (Collab EP) - Teverton / snore tooth / distrust featuring alix perez & untitled feat alix perez :)
Meth090 - Genesis EP Pt.2

Methpla010 - Seba - Pressure Point / Distance
Merhpla011 - Lenzman - Masquerade / Something Else

VERY HEAVY AND DARK

been after Open Page for months now. Xenomorph / Favela is a serious 12. Jubei EP will be Xtreem, i think Perez may have played a couple of the tracks last thursday when i saw him.

Metalheadz continues to be one of the most consistent driving forces in the dnb scene

Absolutely fucking ridiculous. Pretty much all buy on site. I'm dubious that they'll have recall to mind out by october though, that would imply that they're on schedule to get one of those releases done every month, which I think we all know is about as likely as the second coming of christ.

Recalll to Mind info

Some more info

UK drum and bass duo Commix will release a collection of their own tracks remixed by a select group of techno, house and dubstep cognoscenti, including Marcel Dettmann, Burial, Pangaea and A Made Up Sound.

Guy Brewer and George Levings are known admirers of house and techno, playing sets of that ilk at a number of gigs, including last weekend’s Electric Minds gig in London with Tony Lionni. Indeed they gave a withering assessment of the state of their chosen genre last year, although their acclaimed 2009 Fabriclive mix nonetheless showcased the more inventive end of the D&B scene.

For this project the Cambridge duo have hand selected the cream of the dubstep and techno crop, planting yet more seeds in the fertile ground that stands between techno, dubstep and drum and bass. So far it is known that Berghain resident Marcel Dettmann will remix their signature track “Satellite Type 2,” while Burial will turn his hand to “Be True”.

Two tracks from the 2007 Commix album Call To Mind will also get some remix love, with Dutch producer Dave Huismans – best known as 2652 but in the case donning his A Made Up Sound hat – giving “Charge” a rerub, while Kassem Mosse will give “Strictly” an ambient techno once over.

Further still, highly rated dubstep producer Pangaea and Giles Smith/Martin Dawson aka the Two Armadillos are also locked in for remixes, while a recent article on Audio Families suggested Floating Points was also involved in the project, although we haven’t been able to confirm this.

The remixes will be released on Goldie’s legendary Metalheadz label, who singed the duo in 2005.

Back
Top Bottom