Filtering out unwanted noise

Cat Gas

Aka Basis
VIP Junglist
I have a pad i'm using, and I've bandpassed filtered it to only get certain frequencies, but no matter where I filter it it sounds like theres unneccessary white noise. I've tried filtering it again, but I can't get rid of this white noise, and as a result the pad sounds quite airy and misty. Any ideas how to get rid of it?

Here is some audio of the pad to help :D

pad.wav - 1.73MB

Last edited:
white noise runs 0hz - 20khz, your not going to get rid of it with a filter, only at the source. you can warm things up by boosting around 250-500hz and taking some of the top end off, maybe a widish notch around 1-2khz, but the noise will still be there. any reverb or delay will bring the noise out more aswell, so check your filter settings there too.

doesnt really sound like white noise to me tho, maybe check the filter Rez and freq and drop it down if its high

compress with a ratio below 1, its making everything below the threshold lower in volume, and everything above louder.

try that combined with the boost around the mids like miszt said.

compress with a ratio below 1, its making everything below the threshold lower in volume, and everything above louder.

try that combined with the boost around the mids like miszt said.

the compressor in ableton doesn't let you compress anything below a ratio of 1 :\

man, is that a sample or did you create it? i would steer clear from that sound it sounds rough. have you got albino?.... you can get some really nice pads out of albino.

Back
Top Bottom