Emmeeji - Demo 2010. Feedback really needed....

yea man. big tune. develops just enough to keep it interesting but not so much its not minimal.
good stuff

the bass is proper full and interesting the only thing I'm not sure about is the snare - it seems to be ever so slightly lacking in the bottom end which makes it sound tinney compared to that beasty bass - maybe have a look to see where its hitting?

Flexing lol.

Really liked this. The shuffle on the hi hats is great, nice subtle changes to the baseline which work really well. The snare had my head bouncing too. For me this is a track that is as much about whats not there as what is there i.e the way you cut out the break in places adds a lot of interest. Cool track bud.

i think you have to do more work on your drums, mainly the kick and snare. if you want to be as minimal, these two have to deliver the goods and therefor must have this special attitude which this seem to lack, although i like what you did with the hats and switches.

keep up the good work!

Thanks for your comments mate. I take on board what your saying. I thought i had cracked it with the kick & snare.... each to their own when it comes to preferred dnb taste.

me again ^^

dont think u got what i mean. the drums are nice, youre right, but you know, they lack this special attitude. maybe take a listen to silent witness' blackeye. or like in organizer, where every few snares theres a different sound.

to give the tune a proper signature so to say. cause you dont got any vocals or big lead line which is memorable - got me now? :D

cant explain it any better ^^

sounds sweet as mate... the bass is very much to my approval... im having trouble getting my hi hats rolling like that

wicked style mate i remember ur stuff from before very impresive

me again ^^

dont think u got what i mean. the drums are nice, youre right, but you know, they lack this special attitude. maybe take a listen to silent witness' blackeye. or like in organizer, where every few snares theres a different sound.

to give the tune a proper signature so to say. cause you dont got any vocals or big lead line which is memorable - got me now? :D

cant explain it any better ^^

I do totally understand what you mean now :D. Its all those tiny little fx bleeps and whooshes every 2 bars or so that make a pro tune....a pro tune, its definitely what i'm trying to achieve!!

I have a couple more tunes in the pipeline which i believe covers you points groelle!!!! Thanks soo much for your feedback !!

Emmeeji ()Steve

sounds sweet as mate... the bass is very much to my approval... im having trouble getting my hi hats rolling like that

wicked style mate i remember ur stuff from before very impresive

Thanks so much luciduk. Your obviously know the score !! Will make it my mission to review more of your stuff going forward.

Emmeeji ()Steve

Back
Top Bottom