dub bass or dnb bass

Drum and Bass ofcourse.
Could never get into teh dubstepz.
I like some tunes, but fuck me, i couldn't listen to it as much as i do DnB.

Drum and Bass ofcourse.
Could never get into teh dubstepz.
I like some tunes, but fuck me, i couldn't listen to it as much as i do DnB.

i think they both offer something diffrent dubstep is lower and works the sub yet dnb is loud and proud as i liek to put it :D

the bass in dubstep is essentially the same surely?
Only slowed down a bit to suit the tune genre.

And i can't quite understand your reply to me.
Dubstep bass is lower? In term of frequency or something?

Becasue i'm pretty sure DnB tracks have the abillity to use that kind of bass you refer to if the producer wanted.

Not a dig, just an observation on a genre i'm not clued up on :)

the bass in dubstep is essentially the same surely?
Only slowed down a bit to suit the tune genre.

And i can't quite understand your reply to me.
Dubstep bass is lower? In term of frequency or something?

Becasue i'm pretty sure DnB tracks have the abillity to use that kind of bass you refer to if the producer wanted.

Not a dig, just an observation on a genre i'm not clued up on :)

ye generally dubsteps sub bass is lower freq than most dnb .
But there is dnb that does go around those frequencys but just in general dubstep is lower but doesnt essentailly mean its louder.
Where as if your a producer youll know that there are low freq that are louder than others which generally dnb seems to sit in there .. another reason they do this so it will cut thru with systemsthat cant handle / crossover on and the lower frequencys ;)

Kind of a toss up to be honest. I lean more towards dubstep because it was introduced to me before dnb. On the other hand I love the dark, evil growls found in dnb.

But in ways you can't really compare the two, because dubstep has splintered so much that you have all sorts of bass found in tracks. Tracks just sub-bass and shuffled rhythm, generic sounding wobble bass, the "robo-bass", and some tracks use a reece. Honestly though I can't say that much about dnb as I'm still pretty much a newcomer to the genre.

on my part i think dubsteps bass is progressing alot faster than that of drum and bass's.
but thats just my personal opinion
.but then again i love the drums in drum and bass lol i just wish there was more bass.lol

totally with you on that! since I began listening to dubstep the sound just continues to evolve. However, I'm really not all that into producers putting wobbles on the uppermids/highs, as in "When I Look At You", though there are a few exceptions where I find it tasteful.

ye generally dubsteps sub bass is lower freq than most dnb .
But there is dnb that does go around those frequencys but just in general dubstep is lower but doesnt essentailly mean its louder.
Where as if your a producer youll know that there are low freq that are louder than others which generally dnb seems to sit in there .. another reason they do this so it will cut thru with systemsthat cant handle / crossover on and the lower frequencys ;)

lol how did you work that one out?

Yea not so sure about that, I think its more the fact that dubstep in general usualy has less going on, so your attentions more drawn to the low end.

Gabba n Bass! lol

Don't have enough hours in the day to listen to all the sub-genres in DnB much less Dub step. Still don't understand why people are always comparing the two. I see Dubstep coming from the whole Garage-Grime scene. Yes, many DnB producers are having a go at dubstep, but a few did the same with UK Garage in the late 90's.

I wonder if Dubstep will be around in 10 years time?

Back
Top Bottom