Drum & Bass DJs that CAN'T mix

it seems most people on here think a dj can mix if they can just beatmatch the tunes and blend them over. but just being able to beatmatch doesn't make you a good dj...

Beat matching is extremely important, its the most important thing about djing
if the tunes are not locked, your fucked, and anything your doing with the mixer is gonna sound fucked

Beat matching is extremely important, its the most important thing about djing
if the tunes are not locked, your fucked, and anything your doing with the mixer is gonna sound fucked

this is indeed true...but what I meant by my post was that loads of DJs who can beatmatch perfectly fine still aren't good DJs. Like loads of DJs just play one tune, get the next one locked, then just blend it over, which just gets boring after a while. And others play every tune from start to finish before switching to the next one.
I reckon for a DJ to be 'good' they have to be able to make their sets interesting with maybe a few teases or a double drop every now and then, along with good eqing and keeping their beatmatching tight.

I think using the crossfader to funk up a mix is the acid test of a good dj. Unfortunately too many people ignore it nowadays...

Trolling? If not then you know jack shit about mixing. I'm sooo out of this thread...

Every time ive seen nicky hes had several real dodgy mixes and just fink that his tune selection isnt that great.... same goes for bassline smith. mampi swift used to be one of my favorite djs up until a few years back, dunno whats happend to him these days.... shame really he used to smash it

Alot of the DJs from back in the day E.G Brockie JJfrost Kenny ken & mampi swift etc etc imo have just gone deaf over the years & years of sound abuse to there ears every week, Shame.

Its all gone pete tong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alot of the DJs from back in the day E.G Brockie JJfrost Kenny ken & mampi swift etc etc imo have just gone deaf over the years & years of sound abuse to there ears every week, Shame.

I can understand its hard to admit that and take a step back but before playing a horrid mash - what Mampi obviously did couple of times - u know..they shouldn´t make a "joke" out of themselves by clinching to all that dj thing. Not meaning they should retire, just be careful:|

Back
Top Bottom