Doc Scott getting mad!

Well I'm not sure, but I'd say most of times they've asked for permission. Considering the nowadays situation with all those "we can't release it before cleaning out the sample (S.P.Y - By Your Side) or re-recording the vocals (Noisia - My World or Brookes Brothers - Last Night)" stuff.

Wayne needs to change his sig:

Why should I put effort into brockin out to Mr Happy when I wanna save some energies to fly-kick Wayne when Mr Happy Moonbahton remix comes on?!

Does seem a little overboard for a free mix, but its also understandable if the music you spent hours upon hours creating gets pissed all over with sub average remix that kills the original vibes of the song.

Wayne needs to change his sig:

Does seem a little overboard for a free mix, but its also understandable if the music you spent hours upon hours creating gets pissed all over with sub average remix that kills the original vibes of the song.

haven't listened to it yet but if it was me i'd take the compliment of an old jungle tune being remixed in a new genre that's getting hyped over quite A LOT than getting musically bum raped dubstep stylee like this.

and that Mr happy remix is alright, not my thing tbh if there was a machete remix I'd be all over it innit.

moombahton> the sound's of a man pissing gravel noisy wank skrillex in a blender dog bark u mad bro cuntstep.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a bootleg remix of Rihanna's tune Rudeboy being sold on vinyl in all stores. I find it hard to believe they could afford the rights to that tune. It's such a grey area..

jono.p are you serious? Bootlegs are remixes of tunes without permission from the original artist o_O

Nobody in DnB would get consent to do a remix of a Rihanna tune currently, bar Chase and Status or Fresh i suppose...

jono.p are you serious? Bootlegs are remixes of tunes without permission from the original artist o_O

Nobody in DnB would get consent to do a remix of a Rihanna tune currently, bar Chase and Status or Fresh i suppose...

wonder how Ed Solo & Deekline got around copyright for Man Down though?

Well actually TC was able to do his remix of Rihanna because Rob Swire co-produced Rude Boy
I'm sure one way or another the samples found their way onto his computer

Hense the word 'doubt'. Was merely commenting on how producers in this scene can profit from a bootleg purely because the samples are well known without paying any rights to the original artist.

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

Well actually TC was able to do his remix of Rihanna because Rob Swire co-produced Rude Boy
I'm sure one way or another the samples found their way onto his computer

The more you know...

Last edited:
Yes, but still there are not many bootlegs pressed. At least nowadays. I can remember Lenzman's bootleg of Alica Keys' Unthinkable and S.P.Y' bootleg of Zero 7's In The Waiting Line being pressed recently, nothing more (but maybe I'm uninformed on this matter, so feel free to correct me).

lyQRh.gif

Back
Top Bottom