Do you think drum n bass can break the mainstream in 09

I get the impression that the kind of tunes that do go mainstream only stay mainstream for a few weeks. There catchy and that but dont have an extended shelf life.

I also think that alot of people see drum and bass nights as quite seedy and it has a reputation that puts alot of people off, you only have to browse certain drum and bass websites to see comments like "Sick mate gna be off my face" etc
It does have a reputation about it and this is obviously not a clear indicator of the scene.

if dnb was to go mainstrem -WICH I HOPE IT DONT -
all it will do is give idoits to say omg have u ever heard dnb?
atm dnb heads r true
if we go mainstream it will turn to all this high doller shit like
football has become and hip hop
keep it underground gritty lil finction rooms blazin out the tunes
long live dnb !

FUK DUBSTEPPP!!!!

I sort of think mainstream and chart drum n bass is a good thing. More often then not it serves as a good stepping stone for people to explore the genre in more detail.

dnb is going to get a lot more out there as too many mother fuckers are making POP drum and base.
Its going to ruin the scene a bit but they will never be hard core enuf to go to a 9 - 6 and skank you got a be a true soldier for that.
that and if the little fuking emo slap ed's turn up they make them selves easy targets.
long live the select few that have unique taste 'big, bad and bashy, jump up and aggy' low down and dirty.
peace

Personally, i think the new promotion on DnB on radio can only do the scene good. I just gives more people a chance to listen to it, who previously wouldn't of. Sure it might attract a few people who think pendulum are top in the current scene, but 2bh who cares, they will never go to proper raves and therefore not really effect the scene. The increased promotion of the scene will attract more people who will start getting into the scene more and help it grow. Even with the increaced publicity it wont change to way raves are run and the structure of the scene in general. DnB, as a whole, has always been an underground scene and I believe that even if it is played on mainstream radio it will stay this way. And let be honest......there will never be a time when we're gonna see a Orginal Sin or Nosia in the top 40. Drum and Bass is music that attract certain types of people and most of the people who hear it on the radio probably dont like it. Any way ye...thats my thoughts on the subject
SAFE.

Of course it could. But y would u want it 2? I actually think that dnb is better off underground!

eastenders just had a fuckload of dnb on it... 8 ball, racing green, inside my soul ...weird

LOL, this was so unexpected and put a big smile on my mug. Every scene in the club had a dnb tune playing. Im curious to know what/who made them decide to do that!?

Either way, big things for dnb

LOL, this was so unexpected and put a big smile on my mug. Every scene in the club had a dnb tune playing. Im curious to know what/who made them decide to do that!?

Either way, big things for dnb

someone at the BBC must be a bit of a head :D

there's always some on Top Gear and Ray Mears etc- the person wants to spread the gospel obviously...

Back
Top Bottom