Dnbforum Tracks of 2011 Competition

what about old tunes that havnt got released until this year? for example noisia remix of no reality, remixed in 2007 but released in 2011

Yeh man I've got no reality remix in mine, that's fine cos it got released to the public this year mate. You in den bro?

i have a few tunes from horizons i preordered, full release isnt till 2012 i dont think but i have the actual tunes due to preodering from them - do these count?

edit: the vinyl is out but digi isnt til jan...

i have a few tunes from horizons i preordered, full release isnt till 2012 i dont think but i have the actual tunes due to preodering from them - do these count?

edit: the vinyl is out but digi isnt til jan...

Yeh man that's fine! don't worry about it too much.

Well I'd say it's fine to use those. As well as for example Enei's One Chance (out in 2010, but digital only; vinyl 2011). But it's up to t345e, he sets the rules :)

Yeh One Chance would be fine cos it came out on vinyl in 2011! Again man, don't worry about it too much, it's not like anyone is gonna disqualified or anything! Just a bit of fun. Just as long as there are no classics basically i.e. needs to be a showcase of 2011 dnb.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

yeh im on it

Cool man, list is building up nicely now lads!

So it would be okay to do my personal best tunes of 2011? ie ok to include my dubs, unreleased dubs + released tunes cos if so then ima have to redo my tracklist lol!

Ez everyone,

So I had a little idea, I don't know if anyone would be game for it but here goes:

As we all know, 2011 has been an wicked year for dnb and I, along with quite a lot of you I'm sure, was thinking of doing a mix which incorporates the best tunes of 2011. With the sheer amount of quality djs and mixes on the forum I thought of having a little inter-house comp for a bit of fun and see who can come up with the best mix. Due to varying tastes and what not it will be quite cool to see what everyone comes up with.

So before it gets underway I wanna know if firstly anyone would be up for it?

Here are some preliminary rules to get the ball rolling.

Your mix must be 1hr long
Your mix must only include tracks that have been released this year (2011)
Entries must be in by 31st of December (extended to Sunday 8th Jan)

That gives everyone about 3 weeks til the end of Jan to listen to everyone else's and reach a verdict before the beginning of February.

I was thinking in terms of a voting system, only people that enter the comp can vote (up for discussion), you can choose your two favourite mixes but obviously not you own. Your first place gets 2 points and second 1 point. The person who has the most points wins and is crowned dnbforum champion.

Points go to the mix that you feel that best represents 2011 drum and bass.

Who's in?

Current Contenders

t345e
Mish Mash
wingz
Fallen.GeMiNi
JHSE23
JWood27
Ozmatic
SHADOW
Freek
SirReal
charlie131
EvezDroppin
DJKro

Ez mate happy new year :) Hope you had a good one :D

Right im in....

Is it just the same rules as above yeh??? :)

Is it just h rules you list here

Ez mate happy new year :) Hope you had a good one :D

Right im in....

Is it just the same rules as above yeh??? :)

Is it just h rules you list here

Yes mate happy new year! Glad you're in.

Can I still join?

Course man, the more the merrier.

So it would be okay to do my personal best tunes of 2011? ie ok to include my dubs, unreleased dubs + released tunes cos if so then ima have to redo my tracklist lol!

Entirely up to you mate, just should be your take on the best tracks of 2011 man :)

Brilliant mate looks wicked, will have a listen when I shake off this hangover.

Just polished up my tracklist finally, gna record in the next couple days hopefully. Big up everyone who has got involved so far! If you haven't you are still very welcome :)

Just polished up my tracklist finally, gna record in the next couple days hopefully. Big up everyone who has got involved so far! If you haven't you are still very welcome :)

Lol just went to re-record mine to get it perfect, got to 37:00 minutes and i realised the interface wasnt plugged in and i was recording nothing... :(

Me thinks it is time to give it up and start fesh tmoro :)

Back
Top Bottom