Dnbforum Tracks of 2011 Competition

i know what u mean by that but i still disagree

a tracklist is good for many reasons.
u know what ur getting and if its gonna be for you or not
if you hear something u havent heard before u now know what its called

i dont pay too much attention to the tracklist while im listening because as u said i dont want to know whats next, i'll wait for it to be mixed in. after looking at the list chances are i wont remember what was on there and what order it is in.
i see some people put up tracklists in alphabetical order, kind of a good idea not to spoil the suprise but if u listen and then wanna know what its called your gonna have ur work cut out to id it

Yeh gotta have a track list guys I think, up to you whether you look at it, nice idea though. I'm now thinking 1hr may not be enough as I had a little try of making a track list last weekend. There are just so many good tunes... shall we say 2hrs max??? or an hour an a half??? I'm still well up for this, just waitin for marka to get released!

i would say 45 mins.

just enough time for you to be critical with selection but give yourself variation over other people.
also if people are judging no one will listen to 2 hours of multiple mixes tbh...

but 30 mins up to an hour is a good time i reckon.

marka should just have its own bloody competition, who can do the most inventive mix with it :teeth:

marka should just have its own bloody competition, who can do the most inventive mix with it :teeth:

i think this is actually a really good idea!

opening track
mix in marka
mix in a tease
mix out to another tune
end

i would say 45 mins.

just enough time for you to be critical with selection but give yourself variation over other people.
also if people are judging no one will listen to 2 hours of multiple mixes tbh...

but 30 mins up to an hour is a good time i reckon.

yeh good shout about the length, any longer than an hour is gna be stupid, just tough choosing tracks, guess that's the fun though!

i think this is actually a really good idea!

opening track
mix in marka
mix in a tease
mix out to another tune
end

Haha this would be jokes! I'm sure most people will be using it though man. Are you in Teddy? havent put you on the list yet.

Im up for getting involved if its still koool???

Of course mate, glad to have you on board!

The first batch of entries have already been posted up everyone.

If you're not involved and would like to be you are more than welcome, there is still plenty of time.

I think if we say entries must be in by first week of Jan rather than the last day of December cos I know everyone's well busy during Christmas period.

What I have listened to so far has been really impressive everyone big up yourselves!

got a set of rules or a deadline yet mate? il record one like 27th/28th when im back with my decks

Ez man, yeh I'll be doing mine around that time as well. I reckon entries must be submitted by the first week of Jan. Give everyone the rest of Jan to listen to everyone else's, and reach a verdict before Feb starts. If everyones cool with that then I'll edit the first post. What does everyone think?

Ez man, yeh I'll be doing mine around that time as well. I reckon entries must be submitted by the first week of Jan. Give everyone the rest of Jan to listen to everyone else's, and reach a verdict before Feb starts. If everyones cool with that then I'll edit the first post. What does everyone think?

good shout mate, make sure time limits etc are in place, and i take it strictly tunes released in 2011?
(y)

id like to enter this please lads.
all the tunes gota be from 2011?
put me down as evasion if possible.
cheers!

Wicked mate, yeh all tunes have got to be strictly from 2011 man! Good to have you on board.

I'd say let's go by the vinyl release dates (ofc 2011 only).

Yeh man, I'm just going by the year dates on rolldabeats.com. Vinyl, mp3, it doesn't matter really, just as long it has been released this year!

Back
Top Bottom