DNBForum production competition RESULTS !!! (fo real)

wow. nice one :) really enjoyed the comp.. altho i was just spectator :D

big ups to kama, gordo and all the rest. looking forward to the next one!

the deadline was two weeks mate..
and the new one starts on monday (y)

Should start on Saturday night, make it 15 days.

Gives one day (Sunday) to get something started. Just my thought as I only get proper time in weekends. (and my sole aim next time is to actually finish my entry properly so any extra weekend time is valuable)

Looking forward to seeing what the brief is.

Thanks everyone for the biggups, just got the prize and I'll say it was definately worth it. There are some huge bargains available (usually consisting of getting a quality plugin for a tenner or so) from time to time at audiomidi.com - this just as a wink wink for the next prize. I'd never even thought for a prize to be available in a forum competition and this went far beyond that.

btw Gordo can I apply as a judge for the next round?

Last edited:
btw Gordo can I apply as a judge for the next round?

im afraid its mandatory.. :D

yeah, some cheap plug ins would be a cool prize, tho people can be a bit picky depending on their platform and/or work methods. but no one can say no to samples ! plus, goldbaby have been very cool with us, and i reckon their worth offering again as prize. and without even considering the fact that the packs sound brilliant..
but then again i have been know to dabble with democracy from time to time, so im open to ideas for the next prize. as it stands now, we got just over a tenner left from the donations, so everyone please suggest accordingly (y)

the deadline was two weeks mate..
and the new one starts on monday (y)

turns out I didn't read because I wasn't involved.

Good things. I'm ready by monday...

got myself

some

newwww

HARDWAREE BITCHES!!

The only thing I didn't like was the telephone ring.
To be honest...it wasn't quite intended to sound like a telephone ring but more like one of those ...'unrelated-to-the-beat-Limewax-kinda-sounds'(although I don't dig his music at all)and is actually a highly edited 'Synthslap_C'.By the way,when is the 'this is how i made my beat' thread gonna come out?

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU pressed the wrong button again

anyway, long story short

Bass in faust, the one that the drop begins with: I cut 2 different waveforms from the Pulse_C sound, one pulsey and one squarey. I slapped them to Shortcircuit and looped, 2 pulses and 1 lowpassed square. The pulses have a lot of filtering: combed, morphed on their own and then both in "mörder OD" which is driven lightly. The end result is put through a mild setting (1/3rd wet) in Camel Phat 2.

String/pad thing: From String_C sound, first a square LFO controlling the volume, plus the LFO speed is variated randomly every now and then. Also a HP filter to get rid of pops from the first LFO.
FX include: PSP Nitro with preset "Naughty boy" tweaked some, a waveshaper "BadBuss Mojo" driven pretty harsh, TAL Dub Delay and a slow-moving HP filter.

The blip sound is Krafty and Buzz playing together having the same FX line as the string.

Can't remember what I did to the break cause I drove it through an EMU sampler at one point and there was some software processing done prior to that already. There might have been "Voxengo Boogex" involved somewhere. I've layered it with kicks and snares extracted from the drum loops that were included.

QUESTIONS?

Kama big thanks for posting that information up there
Really interesting to read how you did that stuff

I think you have given me some ideas for plugins etc. that I should look into getting

Now everyone knows the standard, i have a feeling the next competition is gonna get some bad ass pieces !! at least i hope so ;) hehe

Only thing i would ask of Gordo/site-admin is to change the settings and/or get a board modification to allow limited multi-choice votes so we can choose our top x items and then let the judges make the hard decisions !:)

Only thing i would ask of Gordo/site-admin is to change the settings and/or get a board modification to allow limited multi-choice votes so we can choose our top x items and then let the judges make the hard decisions !:)

Yes yes. This is one thing that would improve the competition.

This and publishing the judging criteria at the beginning.

Although this time we all know that the first round of voting is pretty much based on 'Wow, big tune, I'd like to hear that out', so that sort of sets the standard.

Back
Top Bottom