DNBForum production competition RESULTS !!! (fo real)

Big ups to kama, but gotta say better than nothing was my personal fave, links to artist soudclouds???? or lucid's :P

safe mate but personally i dont think mine even deservd second place. there were so many good entrys that people put alot of work into!! its impressive. well done kama

oh yeah and a big thanks to gordo and everybody who put in to make this happen! much respect!

Last edited:
I`m hoping other entrants and/or judges will be able to give me some pointers on my track Nightmares (II) so i know what they liked and/or didn't like, and hopefully will be able to put something into a future competition !!

I guess I should give back some now that I'm the bigshot winner type. I'll drop a comment or two to every track on the soundcloud page tonight and tomorrow.

I'll try and be honest about it too.

Last edited:
Aaaah.I'm...just... speachless...I'm so happy that people liked my track.I thought that would have never happened 8->.Thanks a bunch to all ya'll and especially GorDo for organizing this competition.My moral was on a steady down-fall by the time I got into the contest and now...I've got the guts to produce shit for some more months...untill I'll become once again dissapointed with myself.Anyway,iRelapse is the one of the few tracks with wich I'm kinnda satisfied-not to mention that it's my very firs try at something more...I dunno...drum and bass :D.
Congrats to Kama for getting the first prize.Nice job,dude.
And that goes out to all the participants for delivering those monsters on time and ...anyways,we all had fun :)).
Also,it's a pitty that Fisti Cuffs didn't got into the final,it was a really nice track-eh,better luck next time.:)

Last edited:
Thanks for having me involved in the contest
It was a great learning experience

It's really amazing how some of you guys managed to turn those samples into something so spectacular! I have alot of learning to do thats for sure.

Feel free to hit me up for any constructive criticism for "Drug Nightmare" in a private message
http://soundcloud.com/krispy

Well done Kama!!

I will be entering the next one for sure, if only for the fact that it helps sooo much to have some pressure and a deadline to finish a track. I learned heaps doing this that I simply wouldn't have without entering (especially as a reason user without vst plug ins). I had to go out and learn how to use samples/nn-xt/audacity/vst plug ins etc so it was good to be pushed outside the comfort zone. I'll be entering the next one for sure. Any other novices out there get your teeth into the next one, yeah people might criticize your effort but the way I see it you just have to take it, learn something and get on with the next track.

What would i do differently?

1. Either use my vote more wisely or not vote at all (eh gordo ;))

2. Learn about chords and chord progressions (this is my biggest thing I want to learn)

Bring on episode 2

Well done Kama!!

I will be entering the next one for sure, if only for the fact that it helps sooo much to have some pressure and a deadline to finish a track. I learned heaps doing this that I simply wouldn't have without entering (especially as a reason user without vst plug ins). I had to go out and learn how to use samples/nn-xt/audacity/vst plug ins etc so it was good to be pushed outside the comfort zone. I'll be entering the next one for sure. Any other novices out there get your teeth into the next one, yeah people might criticize your effort but the way I see it you just have to take it, learn something and get on with the next track.

What would i do differently?

1. Either use my vote more wisely or not vote at all (eh gordo ;))

2. Learn about chords and chord progressions (this is my biggest thing I want to learn)

Bring on episode 2
absolutely mate, what you just said that you learned was exactly my intentions.
again, and this is not directed at you personally, everyone is allowed to use their vote whichever way you want, even to vote themselves. so no problems with that.

as far as chord, just check the music theory articles in wikipedia, as they are pretty accurate and will help you loads. altho tbh, its rare that you hear a harmonically interesting dnb tune, perhaps trance. but give it a go, you never know, you might invent the new big sound everyone copies, and make loads of money!
(y):D

I'd say for the next competition, lets wait at least a week or month before we start it. And for the deadline, make it 2 weeks maybe.

Hell, thats just all shit that works for me, look at me grumble...

Any news on the next one though? :)

BDS – Chalice
http://soundcloud.com/mass-2/tracks

very special tune, it would have been an excellent track and a complete arrangement if it had a hip hop vocal over it, but as it is it couldn’t compete with the others. I may have a vocalist just right for this, will get in touch mate!

Nice 1 man,

This tune wasnt even 50% finished due the unforseen shite that life can throw at you, but I entered it anyway as I wasnt sure if there would be a turnout from other people, I'll finish it sometime get it mixed down add a few bits here and there etc and let you know.

Bigups for the props, and bigup all that entered.

Nice 1 man,

This tune wasnt even 50% finished due the unforseen shite that life can throw at you, but I entered it anyway as I wasnt sure if there would be a turnout from other people, I'll finish it sometime get it mixed down add a few bits here and there etc and let you know.

Bigups for the props, and bigup all that entered.

cool man, finish it up and let me know. well interested to hear the final version (y)

Back
Top Bottom