dnbforum DECEMBER COMPO discussion thread! concepts, themes, ideas, and all!

All great ideas, I'll have a go. Space and Apocalypse, sound great, industrial a close third.

I have got a Boss BD-2 pedal, gathers dust at the moment, hardly ever used it on the guitar, stick with the tubescreamer. I could post that to the winner. I would like to attempt a tune, but I might not submit, if I cant get my shit together, learnin learnin learnin. But happy to offer up the BD-2 for the prizes!

The house thing sounds like an idea for me, all my recent attempts at making drum and bass sound like progressive house at 173bpm :( I think DnB, but I hear something else.

The recipient would have to get a power supply for the pedal, as I use a Power Brick for my power, and dont have an adapter for the pedal alone.

i can donate some money for prize.
i dont really know what gabber is though so not too keen on that idea - the rest all sound good

I would like to take part in this as well and I think it would be better if everyone got the same sample pack, because it forces you to think out of the box and resample. And I think apocalypse/space is a good theme. :D

i would like to have a go if im allowed and my theme would be NEW YEARS DUB

a theme based on this

favourite tune ever i make sure every new years i play it :D

EDIT**** or like a "lead up to new years" sorta theme something like that any genre?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is gonna be good I recon. Been practising random shit for a while. Hopefully gonna be able to put some techniques into practise.

Can I make a request that we are able to use synths and record other things and have the sample pack for drums or sound effects or something? I think the foundations of the competition need to be either switched up completely and say we're only allowed to use one sample pack for the drums specifically and nout else or you can use the sample pack and whatever else you want. It's hard to find a distinction between the two but tbh we haven't had a comp in a while that hasn't just been "Pick a theme and make a track however you want" in a while.

Fuck... I talk such shit... don't even think I understood that reading it back. Still, it's early and I'm on a room spinning come down. Pass me a beer...

ye on this! I would like the theme to be something dark as that is my favourite type of drum and bass, like critical and dispatch, the sort of tunes they release, when will be the deadline?

Back
Top Bottom