DNBF PRODUCTION COMPO - WINNER - 2015

YES YES WINGZ! Congratulations man. Outstanding track. Great entries from everyone, massive thanks to IV for being the headmaster and to everyone who took part and judged. This has been well fun and I for one, thoroughly look forward to the next comp. I'm officially hooked.

YES YES WINGZ! Congratulations man. Outstanding track. Great entries from everyone, massive thanks to IV for being the headmaster and to everyone who took part and judged. This has been well fun and I for one, thoroughly look forward to the next comp. I'm officially hooked.
No shit. Wings made a hell of a track!

liz and manus are up next with their Detached Audio/dnbforum joint venture compo, the could take a leaf out of your book when doing this. i dont think they are looking for help setting up their compo, as such, liz is pretty good at this sort of thing, but yeah, theres something to be learend from this time around. oh and also did you have a follow up thing in mind ivan orrrr?
God damn we are making something for you guys. And I personally believe it'll be a challenge for all here, since it isn't a dnb. Or house. Or anything. We talk more and set up this when the time is right.

Congrats Wingz!

I was the shit-mixdown track B, your orchestral entry.

Something i'd never really done, but really enjoyed making. I should have spent some time on the mixdown but life got in the way, so that was what i submitted.

Last edited:
Congrats Wingz!

I was the shit-mixdown track B, your orchestral entry.

Something i'd never really done, but really enjoyed making. I should haven't spent some time on the mixdown but life got in the way, so that was what i submitted.

Man, I'm gonna say something: keep practicing your mixing skills, because that mix between orchestral and dnb is GOOD!

Man, I'm gonna say something: keep practicing your mixing skills, because that mix between orchestral and dnb is GOOD!

thanks man i definitely will!

I'm gonna give the mix-down a "proper" go (my mixdowns are still not so wonderful, even with effort, heh) ... I made that tune on a $20 pair of earbuds n never got the chance to get home n really mix it down properly... I feel I could have done better. I'll give it another go n post my results soon... meant to get it done for Derelect's mix but school + work got hectic.

I'm gonna give the mix-down a "proper" go (my mixdowns are still not so wonderful, even with effort, heh) ... I made that tune on a $20 pair of earbuds n never got the chance to get home n really mix it down properly... I feel I could have done better. I'll give it another go n post my results soon... meant to get it done for Derelect's mix but school + work got hectic.
Please do and show us what you got, man!

Everybody now hates you. Your like the pretty girl right now with no makeup and waring the worst cloths, but your still the hottest. Get that mix proper so we all can support and follow your track.

Sorry I ment to do this a few days ago Gentlemen
Here are the stems for the non-joke track A. Have a listen, tell me what you think, and make awesome tracks out of the stems. As always if you do make a track send it to me, so I can listen. Great job everybody!!!! Especially Wingz!
Also Track F is now downloadable.
Give me a couple days to release the key. Work has been brutal.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xlu785glcfxm1p9/AADHwIgeRQfWCDDaFAB7TQsva?dl=0
LINKS FOR TRACK A STEMS AND TRACK IN THIS LINK ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

next compo will be a dnbforum/Detached Audio venture with a fucking CASH PRIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Dark Lizardro and @ManuForti whats up men, how doyou want to play this, wait a little or? perhaps start a thread to gauge the interest? send me the link btw

oh and liz im about to get bizzy wioht our shit, contact me now cos i cant find it my original file, so i dont know the bpm or the vibe or anything. im gonna fix it up and send it back to you otnight. manu, ill probably work on your remix too. whats your bpm? liz do you have fucking skype or sometihng we can chat and also you cvan hear my song what in doing

next compo will be a dnbforum/Detached Audio venture with a fucking CASH PRIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Dark Lizardro and @ManuForti whats up men, how doyou want to play this, wait a little or? perhaps start a thread to gauge the interest? send me the link btw

oh and liz im about to get bizzy wioht our shit, contact me now cos i cant find it my original file, so i dont know the bpm or the vibe or anything. im gonna fix it up and send it back to you otnight. manu, ill probably work on your remix too. whats your bpm? liz do you have fucking skype or sometihng we can chat and also you cvan hear my song what in doing
Oh boy great stuff!

Were ready but if you guys feel a little cooldown is reqd then yes sure a thread to guage intrest may be the way forward, ill get back about my bpm ive killed another HD and im unsure what i have or dont have more imprtantly give me couple days on that... but the comp yaaas!

Oh and regarding this comp great entries quality tune wingz too ard for my old brain but amazing all the same... Track N had my vote and glad you placed... Hopefully you guys can do some amzing things with our compo and bring some fiya

Last edited:
I'm coming in after the battle and all the voting but oh man, such high level in the comp ! And congrats to the judge, the classment seems spot on to me.
And what a track Wingz, so dark and minimalist (exactly what I love), can't wait to hear it after Fanu's master.
I'll try to hop in for the next one :)

Alright, so I got around to trying my mix-down again [I was Track B] and here's where I got to.

just for reference, here's the mixdown I submitted for the competition.
https:// soundcloud .com/djxiris/fault-original-mix/s-Uximq [private track, so I can't embed it..]

What do you guys think about this new version? Good or bad, I'd love your feedback!!

... i'm happier with the results this time around, but I know there's still a lot more that could be done ...so...

...I had a quick chat with Miszt, and he's going to use this tune for his next mix-down tutorial! I'm very excited about this, I love what he did with IV4's Everybody Fly [go check that out HERE if you haven't already, such a vibe to the tune]. I hope this tune comes out with that warmth and life he managed to capture in IV4's tune as well.

@xiris good work on the new mixdown. I was doing an A/B with the two tracks and the difference is very noticeable.

The strings have a lot more life to them and sit nicely in the mix, the balance between the instruments and the drums has also improved which makes for a far clearer perspective of the track as a whole.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Back
Top Bottom