DNBF PRODUCTION COMPO - WINNER - 2015

we even live a couple miles from one another, and since i'm probably older (as well as better looking) i should have been the one to step down.... lol, love you brother @IV4
350x197px-d8b8b91d_3212-now-kiss.jpeg

now you can shed some light on why F was disqualified @IV4

First, Congratulations!!! Let me know if you have problems with Fanu. If he needs proof you are the winner I will send you a recite.

Second, What a massive effort from everybody! It makes these comps so much fun. The judges, the competitors, the Prize givers, and a special thanks to Logikz for always being the man behind the senses making all work.

Third, Track f was disqualified for being me. It is utterly tacky, and unscrupulous for me to put on a compo, and be considered a finalist. Especially if there is a prize.

Last edited:
@wingz before we display your track around the DNB Forum, do you want to get it mix and mastered? Also, at that point and time do you even want put up the whole track. I think this track has a good chance of getting signing. Let us know its up to you.

Third, Track f was disqualified for being me. It is utterly tacky, and unscrupulous for me to put on a compo, and be considered a finalist. Especially if there is a prize.
Tbh Ivan, that sounded a bit weird since it got so many votes there, including mine. I think it should have gone to the judges phase and see what would happen then.

@wingz before we display your track around the DNB Forum, do you want to get it mix and mastered? Also, at that point and time do you even want put up the whole track. I think this track has a good chance of getting signing. Let us know its up to you.

well, fanu said hes busy atm and i didn't even make stems so far but i don't plan on releasing it anyways or sending it to any label so i suppose a free dl will do?

ivan has a point of course. i actually won my own compo, and the prize was a goldfinger sample pack, which is a hell of a fine sample pack, do you know goldfinger? you are very likely to, they do this awesome thing when make a comprehensive sample pack from a classic drummachine like the 808, 909 or MPC (drum bank) and then ran searing white/red hot onto reel-to-reel tape in different stages and all that analog goooodness recorded beautifully squeaky clean.

i won but i renounced the prize, we can use that for next time i said. it did annoy gordo a little actually, i think he got the impression i was being a conceited diva, which is a shame cos it couldnt be farther from the truth, i cant very well win my own compo and take the prize ffs, it doesnt feel right at all, and so i absolutely know what you mean. i think you did the right thing, in a way, because this compo is the largest weve had so far, the quality of the submissions is the highest ever, the amount of submissions is really high, the grand prize is the absolutely most attractive so far, and all the great side dishes you put up that you get by simply competing (do you and derelicts actually know each oteher lol?), the judges core and the style of write up (big up croogs for this idea!), so i see where youre coming, i really do. it feels stupid to win your own compo, but maybe you should have gone to finals, i dont know how many votes you got, but it seesm you were a bit of a hometown fave, the peoples choice, like rolls royce.

ah, but thats the problem with our little forum, isnt it! when you want to pull something big off, like this here compo, there is still the same amount of people that can and cant be arsed to vote, and thats an issue. it could be konflict, d¨archives, old roni size, teebs and calyx, noisas amd dj ranweys competing about a benz judged by simon pegg, simon cowel, simon le bon and the anti-christ up a tree on hampstead heath, it still wont get more votes than just the so very very few we acually have to go around. you got around it in a very clever way with the two votes thing, but it still isnt enough, you have to make the votes public, there is no way to make sure otherwise, the first few compos were ridiculous, each tune had one vote, stood still for aaaages, haha, one vote from an outsider had to come in to settle things. riveting though, people were really into it, like it was the post precarious situation. but i digress,
great work Ivan, really good work on the compo my man. this is without a doubt the finest instance so far. looking at it, what we need to work on in the future is pretty clear, wouldnt you say? really though ivan, great work, big up man. you have done the forum great honor with your war effort. big fking right up ivans! lets hear it for ivans (russian name) !!!

oh and would you please post the key? to all the tracks in the compo and their respective composer? people are interested in that.

liz and manus are up next with their Detached Audio/dnbforum joint venture compo, the could take a leaf out of your book when doing this. i dont think they are looking for help setting up their compo, as such, liz is pretty good at this sort of thing, but yeah, theres something to be learend from this time around. oh and also did you have a follow up thing in mind ivan orrrr?

to compo without samplepack or concept is risky, it can go either way. the challenge of being completely without challenges. a good way of doing that though is putting up stems and holding a remix compo where you are supposed to mainly use the stems as main sound source and then you can add stuff (is what you would say, i would say stems and only stems). thats one way of doing that, indeed, my word, isnt it just.

Last edited:
oh and would you please post the key? to all the tracks in the compo and their respective composer? people are interested in that.

liz and manus are up next with their Detached Audio/dnbforum joint venture compo, the could take a leaf out of your book when doing this. i dont think they are looking for help setting up their compo, as such, liz is pretty good at this sort of thing, but yeah, theres something to be learend from this time around. oh and also did you have a follow up thing in mind ivan orrrr?

to compo without samplepack or concept is risky, it can go either way. the challenge of being completely without challenges. a good way of doing that though is putting up stems and holding a remix compo where you are supposed to mainly use the stems as main sound source and then you can add stuff (is what you would say, i would say stems and only stems). thats one way of doing that, indeed, my word, isnt it just.
Yea umm the key, I have the key with the original track names but not necessarily the fourm names. Bi will post asap.
I am stoked about the next comp. I am sure those guys can handle it though. My next comp will start probably in the summer. And we will hammer out the details then.
And me and D have actually never met. We met on the internetz. But we do only live a couple of miles from each other so I believe a collab is in order.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom