DNBF PRODUCTION COMPO - WINNER - 2015

Alright, so I got around to trying my mix-down again [I was Track B] and here's where I got to.

just for reference, here's the mixdown I submitted for the competition.
https:// soundcloud .com/djxiris/fault-original-mix/s-Uximq [private track, so I can't embed it..]

What do you guys think about this new version? Good or bad, I'd love your feedback!!

... i'm happier with the results this time around, but I know there's still a lot more that could be done ...so...

...I had a quick chat with Miszt, and he's going to use this tune for his next mix-down tutorial! I'm very excited about this, I love what he did with IV4's Everybody Fly [go check that out HERE if you haven't already, such a vibe to the tune]. I hope this tune comes out with that warmth and life he managed to capture in IV4's tune as well.
Sweet B and N were my two favorite tracks. I am happy to hear a better mix down of the B. Can I get a copy of the final version when you are done?

Sweet B and N were my two favorite tracks. I am happy to hear a better mix down of the B. Can I get a copy of the final version when you are done?
Yes man, of course! I'm personally done on the mixdown for this tune, but once miszt is through with it I'll send it your way. Would you mind shooting me a copy of everybody fly? I love that tune, such a vibe.

Alright, so I got around to trying my mix-down again [I was Track B] and here's where I got to.

just for reference, here's the mixdown I submitted for the competition.
https:// soundcloud .com/djxiris/fault-original-mix/s-Uximq [private track, so I can't embed it..]

What do you guys think about this new version? Good or bad, I'd love your feedback!!

... i'm happier with the results this time around, but I know there's still a lot more that could be done ...so...

...I had a quick chat with Miszt, and he's going to use this tune for his next mix-down tutorial! I'm very excited about this, I love what he did with IV4's Everybody Fly [go check that out HERE if you haven't already, such a vibe to the tune]. I hope this tune comes out with that warmth and life he managed to capture in IV4's tune as well.

I thought the original mix was very good with the drums being the exception. I felt like all the attention went to the musical ensemble, which is not a bad thing, but then the drums were an after thought and got no love...

Yes man, of course! I'm personally done on the mixdown for this tune, but once miszt is through with it I'll send it your way. Would you mind shooting me a copy of everybody fly? I love that tune, such a vibe.

I wouldn't hold your breath bro... @miszt aint ever gonna get your track to you... I was told mine would be done around mid October and still haven't received shit... Although @IV4 told his was done so I guess fuck me right....?

I thought the original mix was very good with the drums being the exception. I felt like all the attention went to the musical ensemble, which is not a bad thing, but then the drums were an after thought and got no love...
Interesting. The drums were actually the first thing I pencilled in.. but yeah $20 headphones and no time led to the tune being submitted in the state it was in. Any thoughts on the new mixdown? :)

By no means am I saying the drums were bad, I actually thought they were very interesting, they don't sound like everyone else's is what I mean, and in a good way. They just were kinda sat back in the mix is all... Listening to the new mixdown now ;)

I wouldn't hold your breath bro... @miszt aint ever gonna get your track to you... I was told mine would be done around mid October and still haven't received shit... Although @IV4 told his was done so I guess fuck me right....?
Did you try to pm Mistz yet? He is done with the tracks just not the vids.

Just you wait to listen what me and @xiris are doing now, mate. And you'll be blown away, I guarantee!

as I said in my PM, because there was a delay getting us the stems, it has set things back even further, the people we work with are booked up months in advance, as am I, and so just a couple of days delay in production can mean months delay in post.

at the moment it looks like it will be edited the week before NYE

Back
Top Bottom