DJ's wearing masks... thoughts?

So whose from Canada then? Do you mean deadmau5 is? I Also forgot about calibre getting bottled in Canada, that is definetly embarrassing, whatever retard did it must mr have been a real dnb fan

yea deadbellendmouse (im not going to spell it like he does as im not retarded) is from canada isnt he?

i had the great displeasure of seeing deadmou5 at a festival here in oz.

dont think ive ever heard such shit. i left 20 minutes into his "performance"
was just high pitched random noisies, looping continuously, like he was playing a sample. then he would layer other shit samples over it and was just boring as fuck.

he opened with what im pretty sure was the theme music from pokemon. an that went on for like 5 minutes. why the fucking shit would i neck 5 flips throughout the day an then wanna hear the monotone them music from a pokemon game.

the fucked part is, he thinks what he does is innovative an awesome.

he talks shit about the concept of dj'ing, and he clearly knows fuck all about it. pushing play/stop buttons an moving the pitch slider?

there is SO much more to being a dj than that.

i want to fight him

Deadmouse knows that he's winding people up, and thriving on it.

Like a Traffic Police Officer who's stopped you for doing 30.00002111515 in a 30 zone at 17.45 on a Friday, and seems to enjoy the fact that he's slightly delayed your evening and causing you a blatant inconvenience as he exercises the only pathetic bit of power he has which makes him feel better for all the times his inbred shower-dodging uncle stuck sharpened crayolas up his anus at family parties.

Yep, it's that pathetic.

Last edited:
yeah, never heard of anyone in dnb do it, if people take it too seriously and refuse to be interviewed etc without a mask, that's pretty odd.

but along with daft punk the following did come to mind.

BLOODY BEETROOTS:
l_f557917f87d10355f4b452edd385f7cd.jpg

MSTRKRFT (Don't always perform with masks)
mstrkrft300.jpg

UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE (Known in the DNB world for the Satellite Remix on Call To Mind)
Underground+Resistance+759975091_l.jpg

All make heavy tunes and big sets imo

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

Drums of death tarts himself up a bit.

l_3d7502cd8e0bbf1881f587333fefd0e4.jpg

aye iv seen him on webcam streams a lot and he comes across a really moody nerd.
He also said on facebook a while back he hates people who refer to his performances as "sets" like a DJ. One guy commented pretty much "no its a recycled performance you play out all the fucking time". Made me laugh, as his "performances" are no different to a DJs sets... he just plays all his own tunes and no one elses.

heres the interview snippet:
“It puts me to fucking sleep to be quite honest, I don’t really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to fucking tears and hopefully with all due respect to the dj type that will fucking go the way of the dinosaur id like them to dis-a-fucking-pear. Joel continued, its so middle man,they’re like fucking lawyers. You need them, but they’re fucking ****s. God bless them they’re my number one customer right so I’m not gonna go diss every fucking DJ. But to say you become this massive up on a podium performer by playing other peoples productions at the same speed as someone else’s productions and fading between the two of them, I don’t get it.”

cheers for this matey.. fuckin tosser.. what a fukin halfwit to slate the one group of people who will actually pay for one of his tunes

Fuck wearing a mask in a hot club anyway. Beside's surely it impedes your vision, thus degrading your mixing ability. I'll stick to my own ugly mug thanks.

Fuck wearing a mask in a hot club anyway. Beside's surely it impedes your vision, thus degrading your mixing ability. I'll stick to my own ugly mug thanks.

exactly what i was thinking, wearing a mask you would just sweat the fuck out!
not exactly smart, plus lets face it masks in general are pretty pointless

Deadmouse knows that he's winding people up, and thriving on it.

Like a Traffic Police Officer who's stopped you for doing 30.00002111515 in a 30 zone at 17.45 on a Friday, and seems to enjoy the fact that he's slightly delayed your evening and causing you a blatant inconvenience as he exercises the only pathetic bit of power he has which makes him feel better for all the times his inbred shower-dodging uncle stuck sharpened crayolas up his anus at family parties.

Yep, it's that pathetic.

thank you for making sense of this thread.

fuck it if u want to play with a mask, then play with a mask, i wanna do a set in speedos sometime!

it would make sense to wear a mask if ur playin on halloween

Back
Top Bottom