DJ Deck Stands- Anyone used these guys?

Sound like this business has not been playing fairly!

I trust these details will help people
Name: paul tuner
Company: djdeckstands
Email: djdeckstands AT gmail.com
Tel: 07411287259

Name & Registered Office:
DJDECKSTANDS LIMITED
UNIT 7B
CHARLES MARTIN BUSINESS PARK
ARROW ROAD NORTH, LAKESIDE,
REDDITCH, UK
B98 8NT
Company No. 06319975

This is all openly available info. Just here to help.

Keep DJ'Live!

DJ.DECKSTANDS have awful customer service. I have had very bad experience with them

Emailed them so many times regarding a dj table I wanted them to make up for me.

They responded once and said somebody would contact me back but never did. 10 emails or so later I decided it was a dead end and nobody bothered to come back to me.
They even suggested I pick the table up myself as they coudn't deliver, not really sure whats going on over there ??????? .

Sent them a detailed plans of of proposed DJ Deck Stand/Table which was a very simple variation on a standard deckstand. The table top was to be 20cm bigger than the original.

Do yourself a massive favor and use Kernow carpentry, these guys from Cornwall are real friendly and willing to help you with any project no matter how big or small. They go through the effort of making & sending you photgraphic instructions on how to piece the deckstand together when it arrives. best customer service ever!!!

Do yourself a massive favor and use Kernow carpentry, these guys from Cornwall are real friendly and willing to help you with any project no matter how big or small. They go through the effort of making & sending you photgraphic instructions on how to piece the deckstand together when it arrives. best customer service ever!!!

I've just ordered from these guys, very happy with the service.

Hi

I have just found this thread, ordered a stand on 4th April. Got the fob email that problems with machinery etc... That was 3 weeks ago...

What is the best course of action regrding this, do I tell the geezer Im coming to the unit to kick his teeth in, do i go down the threaten legal action route, do i send a lovely little email begging to let me know what is going on etc!!!

Cheers

By reading this thread I would go with threaten legal action and go to the small claims court.

edit: just seen you only ordered it 3 weeks ago, Id still fear the worst, maybe even link him this thread and demand a reply now.

edit edit: im terrible at reading, ignore everything I say, Im a whore with a whore mouth.

Last edited:
Hi

I have just found this thread, ordered a stand on 4th April. Got the fob email that problems with machinery etc... That was 3 weeks ago...

What is the best course of action regrding this, do I tell the geezer Im coming to the unit to kick his teeth in, do i go down the threaten legal action route, do i send a lovely little email begging to let me know what is going on etc!!!

Cheers

If you live close enough to pay him a visit I would do that

I've stumbled across this message board in search of any help as I'm another fucked off customer of these cowboys. I see today that their website has been suspended.

Has anyone had any luck in getting a refund (or their stand) recently?

I ordered in January, and after months of "we are looking at sending it next week", I sent them a letter asking for a refund. First one was returned to sender as the PO Box on their website doesn't exist, so with the help of this thread I sent it to the Unit 7B address someone mentioned above. This I know was received but I am yet to hear anything since. I followed it up with emails, but have not got anything back.

I phoned Consumer Direct/Citizen Advice and they couldn't really help but did put me in contact with Trading Standards. I filled in their questionnaire last week so I'll wait to see what they have to say but I highly doubt I'll get my money back.

I can't believe how long they appear to have fucked people about.....and I can't believe I didn't do my research before ordering!

Has anyone had any luck in getting a refund (or their stand) recently?

Got my money back through bailiffs which I started through consumer direct who will definately help you... BUT if you ordered it in January that means its still within 6 months.. so call your bank ASAP and ask for a 'chargeback'. They can literally reverse the transaction and take the funds back. I've done this before for other goods and it 100% works. I left it later than 6 months with these cowboys and had to go through small claims court (instructions above) but get onto your bank ASAP and you should be ok.

Last edited:
You can attempt a chargeback as mentioned and get your money back provided there's no dispute.

If you paid directly using a credit card you can also write to your card provider asking for a refund under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. Under the act the card provider is jointly liable for the quality of the goods. However, this will only work if you paid direct and not through an e-money service like Paypal. It doesn't apply to debit cards, only credit cards. You can do this for any purchase over £100 so it's a handy thing to know. It's worth paying for any large purchases by credit card for this reason.

Got my money back

Well done mate it's quite a stressful thing to achieve. You were lucky they were still trading.

If you paid directly using a credit card you can also write to your card provider asking for a refund under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act

Nowadays it works for payment made from debit accounts as well. Anyone interested should read the reason codes (and the defences) on page 8 of this guide to see if their situation fits the bill. The trader has x amount of days to provide the information requested by the bank so you need to make sure you can back up your story.. http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/business/documents/pdfs/chargebacks-intro.pdf

Cheers for the advice. I paid by debit card, but Visa have said that as it was over 120 days ago they are unable to assist.

Back to Consumer Direct I go....

Consumer Direct will advise you. But to be honest all they will really tell you is to write a letter of intent to take court action if they do not resolve your problem in two weeks. You can find a template letter on their website http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_195923. Make sure you send it to the address listed above by recorded delivery. If they dont respond, which they wont, Consumer Direct will advise you to make your claim through Money Claim here https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Submit the claim, which should cost you £25 then they have 2 weeks I think to respond, which again they wont. Then you log back in and submit judgement against them. Then you transfer judgement to their local court and pay £100, which they add to the claim to have the bailiffs go round. This is how I got my money back.

On a side note I took my cheap pile of mdf into the back garden today and demolished it with a sledge hammer.. very satisfying

they are tone.

but on the bright side they sent me my deckstand in about 2 months after ordering and it looks fucking swish. :teeth:

oh no i picked on them constantly
inital delivery time was a week.
after that i called them every day asking for an update. this was 4 years ago and they answered the phone back then.

I had friends of mine and people I chat to who ordered from them and took three or so months for them just to get hold of someone, when the desk arrived it was really badly produced. Anyone know if they are still going but under a different name so I can avoid them?

Back
Top Bottom