DJ Deck Stands- Anyone used these guys?

Thought I would share my experience with you guys. I contacted dj deckstands to enquire about the stand I wanted to purchase. They advised me it would take 1 week from date of ordering to deliver. Luckily for me I had read peoples reviews on here and other sites, so i prepared myself for a wait. Well one week went by and no stand.....Time to contact them. I was advised they always tell customers 10 to 14 working days. I ensured I kept all transcripts so showed them what I was promised. This did not make a blind bit of difference. 14 working days later still nothing.....I contacted them again was advised would be dispatched that week... Cutting a long story short I was advised of 6 different dispatch dates.... Excuses for not being delivered ranged from issues with metalwork supplier. to courier not turning up and the best one the courier did not have enough room to put my stand on the van. I then asked them for their address as I wanted to go and collect the stand that day. I was then asked to confirm the details of the stand I ordered I.e measurements and extras... I was told there would be no one there to meet my for at least 3 days (I'm assuming this is how long it took them to make it)... They then advised me of a delivery date and sent confirmation it had been dispatched. It did not arrive on the day promised but arrived a day later. All in all it took me 7 weeks to get my stand. I am very pleased with it. I prepared myself for all the agro after reading all the reviews... It still done my head in though with their clear lies... Hope this helps you all out.

Cunts the lot of them, could be such a good little business if they did it right- know full well my stand didnt cost to make what I paid for it, so fuck knows where they go so wrong with everything.

saw the thread and was interested till I heard about the shoddy workmanship and service and length of time to wait. getting a carpenter mate to build a design i done instead. he built my 8 ft storage units both for under 100 quid

Jono p

I'm interested to know how you get on at court. I ordered a stand at the beginning of Dec and was told 10 - 14 days, never arrived. Eventually got in contact with them via their live chat two weeks ago and told that the delay was due to Christmas and that they have been shut. Was told it was definately bieng sent last week, no contact, via live chat they told me its been delayed to this week. Not holding my breath!

I have contacted trading standards who showed no interest. I have checked on company house records which shows that the company disolved two years ago. When I pointed this out to dj deckstands they said that was right and they are now a sole trader. When I asked for a contact telephone was told it was against company policy, funny that I thought you were a sole trader!

I am trying to get people together who have not received their goods or received after a long time and considerable pressure. I want to highlight to trading standards how many people have lost money or received shoddy goods. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Hels,

First up its not trading standards you want, its Consumer Direct. You can find all their contact info here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

I found them really helpful. They give you step by step instructions on how to get it sorted and can give you template letters to send.

If you paid by card which I imagine you did you may be able to get your bank or card provider (Visa) to do whats called a charge back. Basically if its within a certain time they can take the money back and that's it done deal. This would be the option if you no longer want the stand and just want your money back. I missed my opportunity to do this as I left it 6 months so something to think about.

If you want to press them to get it sent out you can threaten them with court action as I have. So the first thing is to send a simple letter of intent, something along the lines of "You have not delivered the goods paid for, you now have 2 weeks to deliver the product or I will initiate court proceedings". You can write to the PO Box address on their website but you'll be lucky if anyone collects it or signs for it. So I found their address through http://www.domaintools.com/. Domain Tools shows that the company is owned by a Paul Turner and his address is:

Unit 7B, Charles Martin Business Park
Arrow Road North, Lakeside
Redditch, Worcestershire B98 8NT
GB

You'll find a telephone number too but you'll be lucky if anyone answers.

To be honest its early for days for you my friend. It took 3 months for anything to even arrive for me. Now I'm dealing with the issue that its not what I ordered in the the slightest. So hold on for a bit, I know its agonising.

I'm currently in court proceedings. I've made my appointment at the local courts, which Consumer Direct will tell you how to do, but there's a couple of months on the waiting list. But if you send them a letter of intent to start with that should get them to pull their finger out.

Once I do get them in court though, oh boy! I'm demanding a full refund, plus substantial costs for my wasted time and efforts. I've got e-mails, chat logs and forum threads coming out my ears as evidence. They will pay trust you me!

I hope all this helps. I'll post an update once the court date arrives. Hit me up if you've got any more questions and I'll try to help.

Good luck!

Thanks that's a great help. I have contacted my credit card company and they have stopped the interest on my payment. Keep us posted how you get on.

And, yes I fully agree about compensation for time and effort, the stand I ordered was for a gift for Christmas so it was very disappointing and quite embarrassing when it didn't arrived and unfortunately until I get this sorted I am unable to purchase a replacement.

It sounds like you just want to get your money back. You should ask your credit card company to do what's called a 'charge back'. Then they wont just stop the interest, they'll take the money back! You should have up to 6 months to do it.

Plus djdeckstands have no idea what's going on with their orders, they'll probably end up sending out the stand anyway!

FYI: The PO BOX address on their website is no longer rented so you can't reach them there.

Their actual door address is:

Unit 7B, Charles Martin Business Park
Arrow Road North, Lakeside
Redditch, Worcestershire B98 8NT
GB

gonna get a stand from these guys...seems ligit.

Have you read the thread? Don't give these people your money mate.. I waited over 3 months for mine, and that's only after I threatened to get my money refunded by my credit card company.. 3 months was a short time compared to a lot of stories ive heard about (many cases between 6/9 months!)

Jono p

I'm interested to know how you get on at court. I ordered a stand at the beginning of Dec and was told 10 - 14 days, never arrived. Eventually got in contact with them via their live chat two weeks ago and told that the delay was due to Christmas and that they have been shut. Was told it was definately bieng sent last week, no contact, via live chat they told me its been delayed to this week. Not holding my breath!

I have contacted trading standards who showed no interest. I have checked on company house records which shows that the company disolved two years ago. When I pointed this out to dj deckstands they said that was right and they are now a sole trader. When I asked for a contact telephone was told it was against company policy, funny that I thought you were a sole trader!

I am trying to get people together who have not received their goods or received after a long time and considerable pressure. I want to highlight to trading standards how many people have lost money or received shoddy goods. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

shit like this gets me mad, why the fuck arent they interested? Thats their job, to investigate cunts like this. If trading standards arent interested who the fuck is meant to be?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom