Dillinja.

Dillinja is good at makin tunes that sound good in a typical live DnB mix: lots of bass and hihats.

His basslines are good in tone, but seriously lacking in melody/tune.

Whether you like his style or not he is amazing when it comes to the studio..

It all went wrong when he out out fast car though....haha!

if you want to hear a proper dillinja track here 'That Amen Trck' on Valve ..that is wicked!..his old stuff is more intertesing..his newer stuff is dancefloor muderation!!!

Yeah man id have to agree wit that, it deffiently depends on the listener. he has made some phat tunes from oldskl to recent and hes still comein on strong but its not a fact to say hes the single best producer eva! u gta think outside the box sometimes! lol

sorry im used to tx type'in this theard aint about my spelling grow up and face facts dillinja is the best you havent proven me wrong by naming another who is up to his level.

go moan about spellin<< mistakes sumwere else this is a big up dillinja thread

you CAN appreciate dillinja without typos :teeth:

and one producer who is better? simple - GOLDIE! fact!

Goldie is one of the best DNB artists without a doudt, and is better than Dillinja in that respect, but Goldie always has someone else to help engineer the tracks...like Rob Playford back in the day...

so if by producer your meant to choose by technical ability i'd have Dillinja above him.

Have a listen to one of Logistics tracks, then go listen to 'Cybertron' or 'Life'.... Peace.
I don't know how you can compare the two tony. To me they are completely different styles. Especially comparing "Life" to any of Logistics' tunes.
Thats like comparing High Contrast with Current Value

I say this everytime and i say to people i love drum & bass. There reply is always "oh yeah pendulum are well good!" to me pendulum aint proper drum&bass DILLINJA ALL THE WAY!

spot on mate
pendulum is the first name they come out wit
dillinja is jus in a genre of his own
the mans a genius
jus look at him and hazard and the production quantity AND quality!!!!jus a shame most of dillinja's stuff stays on dubplate

Probably agree with that....

the way i see it is that Goldie is more of a mad scientist in teh studio and Dillinnja i guess is more of a precise scientist..

I like Goldies stuff as its a lot deeper but Dillinja can squeeze the most amazing sounds out of a studio...

When you compare his style of producing with the really digital sounding stuff mostly around these days you really see a massive gap between say, somone like taxman for example and Dillinja technically speaking...

Last edited:
Dj + Producer also Dillinja and lemon D have there mastering company, helped build the valve soundsystem, been around since back in the day 1991 (may be wrong there?), released hundreds of tracks. Even if you think hes not the best producer got to give the man credit for these accomplishments. But one of the best producers outside of the dnb scene has to be j dilla. puts others to shame R.I.P

Marcus Intalex ...
Logistics ...
Calibre ...
You can't test them !!!

yes actually he can (sound wise)

musically i see your point? i mean hes been rinsing those same drums since the begining. they still cut thru the system tho...so much that he had to build his own soundsystem
just a musical prodigy

dont really like much of the new squelchy stuff...but his bass continous to pop woofers cross the globe

Back
Top Bottom