December 2012 All-Vinyl Mix Round 2!

jsmith89

Hmph..... silly...
VIP Junglist

re-record of the mix i posted last night that was a bit messed up, slight variation on the tracklist too. thoughts / comments / criticisms all welcome again its not perfect at all but hey ho

Joe Goddard - Gabriel (Calibre Remix)
/// Enei, Eastcolors & Noel - Cracker VIP
Blocks & Escher - Broken
Tokyo Prose - Saving Grace
Beta 2 - Love Finds Me ft. Pete Josef
BTK - Drop It (Optiv Remix)
System - Near Miss
High Contrast - Only Two Can Play
High Contrast - Global Love (Calibre Remix)
Eveson - Time Flows By
Hamilton - Echoes
Calibre - It's...
Q Project - Credit Crunch
Utah Jazz - Runaway (Nu:Tone Remix)
Alicia Keys - Unthinkable (Lenzman Remix)
Edward Oberon & Paul T - Love Is

is it just me but it feels like there's more soudn coming out of my left speaker than right. also a lot of bass. not sure if good or bad :D

but other than that i'm liking it so far ;)

Track selection on point as always mate! Such a wicked mix, really enjoyed this.
Mixing sounded basically spot on to me! (bar one little part) Major props for the 100% vinyl, you got it locked mate.
Cant really say much else other than I thoroughly enjoyed it. Always admire you're ability to pick wicked tracks whatever style you're mixing, why I love your mixes so much.
Also, Edward Oberon & Paul T - Love Is, need to bag!

Track selection on point as always mate! Such a wicked mix, really enjoyed this.
Mixing sounded basically spot on to me! (bar one little part) Major props for the 100% vinyl, you got it locked mate.
Cant really say much else other than I thoroughly enjoyed it. Always admire you're ability to pick wicked tracks whatever style you're mixing, why I love your mixes so much.
Also, Edward Oberon & Paul T - Love Is, need to bag!

thanks man, appreciated as always! i kinda let this one lie after listening through as i realise there was some pretty dirty level distortion that i couldn't hear as i was recording. you get the jist of what i was going for tho haha

yeah i think love is / absolute is my most listened to single this year, love is is a special track

okay Jacky boy. given this a few whirls in the last few days. Very very impressed I must say.

Favourite bits

Blocks & Escher - Broken
Tokyo Prose - Saving Grace
Beta 2 - Love Finds Me ft. Pete Josef

This 3 tune burst was fucking swish. Broken is a quality tune, when Saving Graces drops everything is EQ'd brilliantly mid mix. Never heard Love Finds Me, really smooth in the mix didnt even notice the transition.

High Contrast - Global Love (Calibre Remix)
Eveson - Time Flows By

Think it was this mix as well that really hit the spot nicely. Can't quite remember off the top of my head, will have another listen but could have sworn this was a swish blend similar to the way saving grace came in over broken, well EQ'd

Certainly some massive plus points to take away from this mix.
Certainly didnt notice any slurrrrs from touching platters mid mix, which can be an achilles heel to some people on vinyl. Massive respect for that.

Your EQ's were in general quite good throughout. :2thumbs:
Not sure why its coming out of one headphone louder than the other...gave up and plugged into speakers to listen.

Didn't really dig the Optiv Remix & Near Miss bits, thought they were maybe a bit out of place after the liquid bits...

Would love to see your next installment sticking to one style; the deeper liquid stuff in here was great, really think a whole mix of this, getting a good flow going would go down a treat.

Big ups bro. Mad love for having a go on vinyl...some people don't appreciate the effort and practice that goes into mixing records, and you really nailed some stuff in here, and the only way is up!

Very much looking forward to a midnight manueveres vinyl mix :D

^ stu mate that is excellent feedback, well impressed thank you! yeah i was really feeling that 3 track section too as i kinda threw broken out there in the hope that it would work. really gutted i fucked up that drop it > near miss blend as i'd tried it the night before and thought it worked really well :( couldn't handle the pressure clearly haha.

i need to fiddle around with my setup, not sure at all why it's coming out of one speaker louder and why the bass is really loud in parts and im not very good with all the wiring techy stuff

i'll always stay on a sorta deeper liquid tip i think and throw in some techy teases if they work hopefully for next time. midnight maneuvers on vinyl is coming into fruition too :)

Finally got round to give this a go, cool stuff Jack! Had to take a listen on the speakers tbh as they lower them sound issues, but apart from that it's very nice indeed! Really digged the first half, Gabriel RMX is an amazing tune imo, nicely mixed with Cracker VIP, well thought of that. Broken > Saving Grace > Love Finds is an ace section, vibes all around and I actually loved the use of Drop It RMX, worked a treat with Love Finds! Too bad about Near Miss, can imagine it sounding pretty sick, but hey :) Next part was pretty cool, too, always enjoy hearing Echoes in the mix, still one of my all-time favourites, I have to admit I have a high standard for mixing this one, but quite liked the way you used it. From Credit Crunch up to the very end it was spot on imo, fine selection and mixing, Love Is...what a tune!!! Big up for doing this all vinyl, you've pulled it off pretty well me thinks, swish mix once again :)

Finally got round to give this a go, cool stuff Jack! Had to take a listen on the speakers tbh as they lower them sound issues, but apart from that it's very nice indeed! Really digged the first half, Gabriel RMX is an amazing tune imo, nicely mixed with Cracker VIP, well thought of that. Broken > Saving Grace > Love Finds is an ace section, vibes all around and I actually loved the use of Drop It RMX, worked a treat with Love Finds! Too bad about Near Miss, can imagine it sounding pretty sick, but hey :) Next part was pretty cool, too, always enjoy hearing Echoes in the mix, still one of my all-time favourites, I have to admit I have a high standard for mixing this one, but quite liked the way you used it. From Credit Crunch up to the very end it was spot on imo, fine selection and mixing, Love Is...what a tune!!! Big up for doing this all vinyl, you've pulled it off pretty well me thinks, swish mix once again :)

cheers vaclav! big ups for checking, yeah i said before i really need to sort out the balance on my setup, not sure how to but it def need sorting. gonna start practicing dropping in near miss more often haha :)

really liked the opening mix, the bass of cracker sat really well over the vocals from the gabriel remix, best way to do it tbh

beta 2 is lovely never heard that before, worked really well with the two tunes before it but worked particularly with the drop it remix, wouldn't ever think to mix two tunes like that together but you pulled it off really well so fair play.

as mentioned the near miss mix didnt work this time, but also it felt a bit out of keeping with the mix, i would have gone back to a deeper tune straight after drop it, but thats just me tbh. hard to keep a vibe and keep it interesting at the same time!

rest of the mix rolled along nicely, good to hear the unthinkable remix, guilty pleasure of mine!

keep it up man, good to see you on the vinyl, having seen you mix on serato i know you can but its a lot harder to do it when recording. big up yourself etc

really liked the opening mix, the bass of cracker sat really well over the vocals from the gabriel remix, best way to do it tbh

beta 2 is lovely never heard that before, worked really well with the two tunes before it but worked particularly with the drop it remix, wouldn't ever think to mix two tunes like that together but you pulled it off really well so fair play.

as mentioned the near miss mix didnt work this time, but also it felt a bit out of keeping with the mix, i would have gone back to a deeper tune straight after drop it, but thats just me tbh. hard to keep a vibe and keep it interesting at the same time!

rest of the mix rolled along nicely, good to hear the unthinkable remix, guilty pleasure of mine!

keep it up man, good to see you on the vinyl, having seen you mix on serato i know you can but its a lot harder to do it when recording. big up yourself etc

safe jim! yeah that single with love finds me and red hand on the flip is so much fun, red hand is great in the mix. i'll keep it more liquid i think next time, i remember thinking why i had pulled near miss out the bag as i've never felt comfortable using it up until that point, maybe i need to put some more time into track selection rather than panicking n picking random tunes!

cheers for the feedback dude, some useful pointers for sure. let's hope santa brings serato this year :)

Lovely tune for the opener, that mix with cracker was smart liked how it rolled with the vocal
Broken with its heart beat bass rides the tune well, interesting mix too, just thought it needed volume and maybe introducing the tune earlier
The track was rolling picks up the pace, with the next tracks vocals keeping the mix on the similar vibe
Thought the blend with the more techy tune is were it started to pick up, some little slips here and there, but not effecting the mix
System was pretty untidy and the next mix not matching up either with the clangs i flicked through it from there dude.. good selection, just need to tighten up those tunes abit more, also just make sure youve got everything plugged in tightly in the mixer and do a 5 minute recording just to check your levels, just keep at it man ;)

Wicked mix Jack! Kept meaning to bump this...I think it's your best one to date but then I much prefer this vibe. More of the same please mate.. :rambo:

Did you get Serato in the end?

Back
Top Bottom