Culture Shock - City Lights

Christ... what more fucking evidence do you need about his undoubted talent as a producer. Listen to the fucking quality of his music, the crispness of his sound cos he's a fucking quality engineer. He doesnt just make D&B, he makes proper fucking music. Check out the chords on Protection for example. Proper music. He crafts tunes, much as in the same way Sub Focus does. Everything is spot on. And the tunes he makes are appreciated by heads and ravers alike. Vice Chase tore up dancefloors, as did Rework. Theres so much to his tunes its unreal

If you still cant fathom why he's technically one of the best and his tunes are murder after listening to the raft of tracks doing the rounds then you must be deaf

Christ... what more fucking evidence do you need about his undoubted talent as a producer. Listen to the fucking quality of his music, the crispness of his sound cos he's a fucking quality engineer. He doesnt just make D&B, he makes proper fucking music. Check out the chords on Protection for example. Proper music. He crafts tunes, much as in the same way Sub Focus does. Everything is spot on. And the tunes he makes are appreciated by heads and ravers alike. Vice Chase tore up dancefloors, as did Rework. Theres so much to his tunes its unreal

If you still cant fathom why he's technically one of the best and his tunes are murder after listening to the raft of tracks doing the rounds then you must be deaf

Like I said I think City Lights is a big tune, and I own the Third Stage EP but other than I that I dont really rate his productions or see what all the fuss is about.

Anyway, my point was you cant tell someone they are wrong for not liking a artist you like.

I think wayne's maybe being a tad over the top, but I totally agree about the production skill thing - it has nothing to do with opinion. He is factually incredible at making sounds.

If you're a producer and you don't rate Culture Shock's technical production skills, i.e. his engineering abilities, then I'm afraid your ears are probably broken, seriously.

I'm not talking about whether you like his tunes or not, that's all opinion and taste, but it's pretty black and white that his tunes SOUND better than 99% of other producers'.

RAMM105 - Culture Shock EP
Protection
Orwurm
Piano Tune
Remember

Digital Exclusive - City Lights

:typing:

Dexcell and I seem to be in agreeance. I got a half chub at the thought that that was official.

You bastard.

What Culture Shock tune isn't?

Oh right. Cathedral. (I know, I'm going to get some hell for this, but its the one tune of his I just can't get behind.)

a well deserved bump in case someone hasn't heard it yet

he just doesn't disappoint

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom