Controller - New track Ive been working on

Lots of movement in there which I like but the song sounds kinda flat, you should work on those drums, they need a bit more punch (the bass drum especially) and need to cut through the mix a little bit more. Other than that its going in a good direction.

hey man. bass is cool. the effects are good also, but im not much feeling the snare personally, sounds kinda airy, old school maybe. what kinda sound you going for?? that snare isnt for me personally, sounds kkinda like some hardcore DNB. kinda like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhQOePhAIdQ&feature=related

Cheers dude, yeah I was going for the year 2000ish snare rythem sound, so I'll take that as a compliment :D As for the whole sound, Im not sure to be honest. I like older drum and bass, like 99-04 more then jump up, but I love jump up, so I guess Im just trying to combine little bits of both into one track. Needless to say that wasnt actually the plan I had set on when I started making the tune, it just kinda happened.

Bulletproof - 110 Degrees, Konflict - Messiah, Taxman - The Rebate, all big inspirations to how I produce.

And cheers p1n, will defo be taking a look at the drums next time im on.

Back
Top Bottom