Breakneck - How Was It Guys?!

subz said:
Personally i think buy getting eks and herbzie down there u turn it from a breakneck in2 a mini one nation or sumthing(although i rate them both 4 wat they do) as 4 MC GQ as i said earlier he WAS the daddy but just aint worth the money he charges nowadays plus it depends on his mood as 2 wether or not he'll show up outta london from wat i hear.i say stick 2 2shy and gibber and if u wanna bring in another mc get rage or sumthing down there,i mean why pay silly money 4 mc's when u already jam out the venue 2 near capicity?dont make sense.keep it breakneck style and dont fuck up ure line ups b'cos the minority want change.stick 2 ya guns and big up.

no, i disagree!! BN usd to be jammed full, but the last few times ive been i wouldnt describe it that way...as for not catering to the minority, i have noticed that the majority of the ppl in the crowd are fkd, just like at 1N/UD/Slammin etc, and would dance to anything, kinda invalidating their preferences music wise! loads of ppl tell me to dance when im not, n look stunned when i tell em im listening to a mix, or i dont like a tune. but for me its all about the tunes, like at the big raves, its normally the 'up stairs' smaller room that u hear the heaviest sets in...y'know where the mc is jammin in the crowd coz they've got enough respect not to bundle him, n its all intimate...fresh n established talent side by side...it seems to bring out the best in djs n mcs...all too often we get second rate sets, coz they cant b fkd to rinse out for a few hundred ppl in portsmouth, somehow their conception of us needs to change!

fair enuff,coming from london i cant really associate 2 tuff wiv wat u.re saying about 2nd rate sets,cos in london we're spoilt 4 choice every week.BUT at the end of the day(i dont know breakneck promoters situation financially) can they afford 2 pay some mc stupid £ 4 an hours set?i mean they get a gud selection of djs down there already which id imagine costs the dog bollox.u see from my experience as soon as the promoter mentions 2 the agent that the rave is outta london especially on a friday nite then the dough they charge goes up consideribly.which is why im saying u should kinda be greatful that u've got fairly decent mcs there anyway instead of some raves that book a big dj and have a fucking free 4 all mc competition on the mic alnight.although i do see ure point,and booking eks and herbz is algud but thats 2 more wage packets,see where im coming from.if u want them kinda names down there then breakneck will surely have 2 up the admission price which im sure is half the reason most ppl are attracted 2 the event in the first place,i mean £15 or watever 4 new years eve is a fucking bargin and even charging that u've got 2 djs and 1 mc.as said early i toatally agree wiv wat ure saying but promoting means spending dough and wiv limited amounts of dough u get limited results.standard.

Back
Top Bottom