Breakneck - How Was It Guys?!

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by zoob, Nov 27, 2004.

1. zoob

zoob Nine Bar SS.

So,

whats the verdict?

How'd it go sayber..... :cool:

2. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Had a really good time!

Great to see so many people properly enjoying themselves at a night, the true Breakneck vibe.

All the sets were well played, although I don't remember much of the great Grooverider's set, ha! [me]Waho whoh whoh whur![/me] The system sounded top notch, heavyweight fo' sure.

Big up to everyone who made it what it was, and a special thank you to the people who bought our new T-shirts, you rock mangs! (y)

The photos are now up on the gallery, so check 'em out :rolf:

Shout to all I spoke to, good to see all of you again. Props to cK and Rob who came down from Milton Keynes, respect! :teeth:

Roll on New Years Eve with Friction, Mampi Swift and SP:MC :slayer:

3. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

* Waho whoh whoh whur!

:slayer:

Whoa to that Sound system, soo sweet, soo clean, loud and very very 'rumbley', full scale giddiness induction, etc...

All respects there fellaz.

Great night.

Shouts to all the people rocking the free world, marvellous sets allround and a very very up for it crowd.

photos up at www.break-neck.com soon

(& great pics you two.)

:cool:

Can't wait to hear some audio :twitchy:

Can't wait for NYE!!!

Time to nurse this hangover... :|

4. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

mentle night one of the best ive been too in a long time .i left about 1am but every one was lovin it all night and once again the birds in breakneck are fucking lush big up grooverider aswell bad tunes all the way through his set ,master x and gibber ,throcker all good keepin the night lively.roll on new year and wata a price for entry 15 quid i was exspecting at least 20 .nice one owain

5. TooEZ

TooEZ Gibber Jabber

Bo! Another wicked (sorry, shatpank) night! Props to all the usuals epsecially to Dan and SDM for the christmas pressies. Have to say I was hugely impressed with the system, get double the amount in next time for NYE!

Grooves set was pretty heavy, even though he's a bit of a grumpy old ..... at times. Charge I loved instantly because he played Let Loose. Whenever I hear that crazy high pitched screeching bit (don't know the technical term) I go fucking nuts. Love it. Have to say the boys in red held it down at the end tho...lol!

Until NYE then, big ups!

P.S. Big up all the gals as well for the endless amounts of dancing, eye lid battering and attempts at grabbing. Funny shit......

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  6. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

Had a good night Zoob the system sounded crisp, I think I've gone deaf in my right ear from the Mackie monitor damn those things are loud!! Was pretty bervous has to be said that's the biggest party I played at so was a little sweaty in palms at times. Shout to Owain & D for letting me play, & finally got to meet the legends which are SDM & Triple McWizzle.

7. zoob

zoob Nine Bar SS.

Glad it was sucessfull :cool:
    Yeah man that thing is a beast, you should have let someone know and it could have gone down a notch, wish i could have been there. Sounds like it's running nicely.
    What im thinking of doing is suggesting to Gav, about putting the Lab's under it. So adding an extra 8k of Sub bass... that will probably be around NYE time, or early next year. Then i reckon, breakneck as a night will have one hell of a system, probably one of the best for a monthly dnb event, (maybe not the same db volume as say the end, but clarity wise and bass, hell yes) definately in this area anyway. BO! :devilslay

8. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

Oh mumma that will be tight. Then main rig was sounding crisp maybe not as heavy as the last rig in terms of bass but still worked. I reckon a couple of sub's would work perfectly as sometimes when your close to the speakers it's gets little tinny.

9. zoob

zoob Nine Bar SS.

Yes mate, thats excatly what it needs. Extra Sub-bass. Luckly our cabinets are pretty much the best i've heard on sub bass reproduction so we should be sorted!!

I demand that Spor is booked if possible and plays immediately.

Dante's inferno, haunt me. Mental business.

10. Reapa

Reapa Member

11. cK

cK i want to play a game...

Beyond awesome lads, well done!
    Had a really good time, gotta be reaching the NYE bash now.

Respect everyone I spoke to during the night, as always massive shouts to the one and only Owain!
    SDM looking completely different once again!
    Triple McMuffin keeping it fresh. ;]
    Guys I took down with me, Rob and Burn - always a laugh and definately good company!
    Bad Ace. Scratch battle? Bring it on. :finger2:
    Chambers, ya know your shit! Respect, keep it oldskewl! :cool:
    Everyone else, too many to mention!

PS: I left the "A" sign there... would've made a nice souvenir, pretty torn up about that. :|

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  12. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

13. RobLB

RobLB New Member

The last BN i went to was around this time last year with Friction and Bailey... and man that was ace! Not too sure why, but down to circumstances i hadn't been to one since then - but I'm damn glad i came to this one! Leaving Bedford at around 2pm, we finally arrived in Portsmouth at about 8. Damn Traffic on the M25! Checked in to the local Ibis Hotel and then went off in search of the local pub. Eventually got to BN with DJ Sayber on the decks! This set was awesome!
    Mixing the darker stuff (all of which I've never heard b4) with some of the one's that sent me going crazy (Screamer for one!) Not too sure what then happened between the next hour or so, but I remember dropping a pint on the floor during Grooverider's set... Not really what I was expecting from Grooverider but it was wicked nevertheless! SDM and Triple M delivered a top notch set as usual and the numerous reloads on the last tune were well deserved!
    I hadn't really heard any of the MCs that were there last night before - but not only did they seem to be enjoying themselves as well, but they did a top notch job too!

All in all - a top nite!!!

Shout outs to everyone I met there - M Code, Dunc, Sayber,Stu, cK (biggup man), random pissed people that were in the sea afterwards, Owain and everyone else!

14. checkmabadself

checkmabadself A gift from punjab

Is it just me or does it not look right in there without the valve soundsystem - We need to persuade the pier management and dillinja to base it there, Fills the stage nicely!

Wicked night as always though big up all crew!

p.s you'll see me saluteting in the photo's section of that night :piss:

15. zoob

zoob Nine Bar SS.

Hahahaha, No.

You can do better than that.

16. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

wicked night guys!

I enjoyed SDM and trip M's set loads, well done on that one! Also big up to Gibber who hosted most of the night and did really well even if he did sound a bit hoarse afterwards!

System sounded wicked although bass didnt really carry very far but fuck it it was cool down the front!

Big up to all the usual faces in attendance! Plenty of vibes, plenty of JD n coke and plenty of gals to annoy with my fukin awful chat up lines! still one out of three aint bad!
    even a big up to the girl who robbed me of a WKD, thats the last time i ask agirl if she wants a drink! haha.

cant wait for NYE! got nuff peeps comin to that one! gonna be a proper party!

and big up to Owain etc!

Grooverider needs to cheer up!

17. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Thank you! :respekt:

It was definitely a pleasure having Gibber and Masta X on mic duties.

18. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

19. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

I don't think he appreciated being searched so thoroughly.

:-/

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  20. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

when i enterd breakneck i was searched by two doorman before i even paid