Break LP 2015

Sorry Carlos, I realize all of that. But it doesn't mean I like it (and agree with it) nor does it mean I'm gonna be buying as much vinyl in the future as I do now. I'm not gonna delve into the pros and cons (well mostly cons) of having more tunes pressed on one side, I believe it's been covered many times before. I've spent around 2000 pounds on new vinyl releases in the last 12 months, not to mention another few thousands on the stuff that's sold out and I had to search for it elsewhere. I might be wrong but if people like me will stop buying vinyl for any reason, labels will have a hard time to sell it to anyone else...

Of course not, fair enough man - I just saw so many negativ comments in regards to this approach altho (mostly) they're just doing it to make it financially viable so I had to say something. Obviously I can't speak for all the labels but at least for us and lots of smaller labels you need to take this into account. It's not like we all wouldn't want to press 5x12'' LPs but it's just not doable apart from accepting to lose alot of money and with bigger labels probably not making enough money to make it worth the whole work you need to change & adapt.

What an album! Nevaeh is a great start with soothing vocals and atmospherics before the amazing drop

Late exclusive is a future jungle classic and this hits pretty low!

Regulate is a techy masterpiece harking back to the bad company days with the unmistakable break vibes

No idea is one of my favs with its bouncing bassline and chilled vibes

Gave too much is another firm favourite and typical break. Will have you head bopping and coming back for more

Flux is a monster! Hearing is believing. Another techy goliath

Hope brings my mini review to a close and ends just like the lp began, lush vocals and break destroying the floor. Go buy asap!

Back
Top Bottom