Behringer... really that bad??

I own a ddm4000 and i rate this mixer.... for the money i seem to have got a hell of a lot. Cant anyone see a pattern here.... "the djx700 is shit" ...... and of course anything cheaper than it is probs gonna be aswell... they all seem to look like there using the same parts.... thats why i chose to get a ddm4000 because it doesnt... plus it has a 12 month warranty

How long you had it??? as I am really tempted to get this mixer for bedroom use.

i admit ive only had it for just over a month but i met a lad the other week with a djx700 and the quality diff is very obvious

But I still think they should last longer than 3 months, at least a year.

No, not a year - this is the whole thing that people aren't grasping here - it's not worthwhile to buy a mixer which gradually breaks over the course of a year or 18 months or so, then buy a new one "because it was cheap anyway"

Your mixer should last you years and years - my vestax has lasted me 3 years, and the guy who had it before that had it for about 5 years (probably more), and he's a scratch DJ who learnt on this mixer.

...And what's gone wrong with it? Nothing. Yeah it's had a new cross fader because the guy before me upgraded it to a penny and giles fader, but apart from that, nothing.

How many behringer or Numark or even Stanton mixers do you reckon I could have got through in 8 years? (that's how old the mixer is).

Even if I had stuck with the cheapest behringer at £80 or something each time, and managed to eek out 18 months of use for each one that's still £426... For that money I could have easily bought myself a decent mixer, and not had the hassle of almost constantly having a mixer with broken faders and switches on it!

In all fairness though, I chose to buy a cheap behringer mixer because I was unsure whether or not DJing would be a long term hobby for myself. I thought that at least if I bought a cheap mixer thats less money out my bank...

I gonna wrap this up...
Behringer mixer = cheap short term alternative
If you're serious about mixing, I wouldn't bother buying one.

EDIT: appart from the DDM4000, that looks niiiiiiice!

In all fairness though, I chose to buy a cheap behringer mixer because I was unsure whether or not DJing would be a long term hobby for myself. I thought that at least if I bought a cheap mixer thats less money out my bank...

I gonna wrap this up...
Behringer mixer = cheap short term alternative
If you're serious about mixing, I wouldn't bother buying one.

Fair enough, sounds good to me...

They're a bit like women
Get a cheap tarty looking one that does all sorts it'll never last...

I've got a vmx1000 an i quite like it, the fades feel too light and occasionally you get the level meters passing on a bit to the next along although this isn't actually played - if you turn fader down on the playing one and turn the dead one down you can't hear anything.

The only problem is that sometimes 0 on an upfader doesn't actually kill all the sound!

It's got 5 channels 2 mics and each channel has 2 inputs got 3 band eqs on everything and 3 outputs (phono, xlr and tape (phono))

Had it for about a year n played a couple parties, it's pretty good for running everything through - i got 3 cd decks n my pc plugged in atm. sound is good n the eqs are good. i dont mix that often tho so it doesnt get that much wear and tear.

cost about 150 quid

after getting a mixer with proper eq's on it. i can confirm the eq's on behringer are fuckign shit.

just don't buy behringer.

there fucking shit..... that one that trys to copy the pioneer djm600 is my most hated mixer :shake::shake::shake:

ive got the djx 700, got it for 50 quid off an associate for the price im happy, all though the eq dont seem to like taking much stick. at all, dose feel quite cheap.and the master been a fader... bad news i always knock it and scare the shit out of my self wen the levles fly up by about a billion DB. the only reason i bought it was becuase my first mixer (wich was quite good actualy) was broke wen a friend tiped a pint all over it, by accient of course, but then i bought some shitty numark thing off a mate at college with 2 band EQ, bad newsss. so for 50 quid it got me back on with a half decent mixer, i havnt ever used a pioneer, but! i can tell you that allen and heath mixers are very nice. ive used 2 different Xone:42's and there really nice solid build, and the filters are hours of fun :) so all in all if you can get a beringer for cheaper do it, other wise id stick to buying a 2 channle thats decent

Mine has been solid for 3 years now. My only complaint is that the channel assign buttons are too close to the x-fader and get in the way of some of my scratching. I would like a less cluttered x-fader area for this purpose so I am looking at an Ecler or Vestax.

But no complaints about sound, durability or anything like that on the Behringer.

I got a behringer djx700 as my first mixer 2nd hand from a m8 4 years or longer ago, it's still running today and I mix at least 1or2 hrs EVERYDAY.
I am looking to upgrade tho as it's begginning to die...

Damage:

Phono / line switches somehow got broken on channels 1 and 4 so it's now a 2 channel mixer really. (These switches do seem fragile ish)
Channel 3 mid eq adjuster just the other day became stiff i've no idea why. :(
Crossfader as of recent occasionally bleeds (almost unnoticably) i've only noticed on recordings when there's no drumbeat on the outloud tune. (To be fair the x-fader is F***king worn. never had a replacement) but ofc you can get around the bleed if you use channel volumes and leave x-fader in the middle!

The SUPRISING GOOD NEWS!:

After 4 years I can still play a real clean sounding set on it (with 2 channels).
This is not really a BAD mixer... you CAN get a very good sound out of it.

BAD TINGS:

Headphones plug-in is a BAD position but you get used to it.
Channel volume faders maybe aren't the smoothest / most accurate! But i get a good sound anyway cos i know my mixer...
Adjustable x-fader is reasonable / fine / decent but for instance they're much better on pioneers obviously. :X
A few things have broken over 4 years.

I DON'T CONSIDER THIS A BAD MIXER!

Maybe I've been lucky with it's long life, nice to have a contrasting story :P

i have had the ddm 4000 for over a year and its going as strong as the first day i bought it . From previous experience with the djx 700 i would have to save avoid it , its a piece of shit.

I got a behringer djx700 as my first mixer 2nd hand from a m8 4 years or longer ago, it's still running today and I mix at least 1or2 hrs EVERYDAY.
I am looking to upgrade tho as it's begginning to die...

Damage:

Phono / line switches somehow got broken on channels 1 and 4 so it's now a 2 channel mixer really. (These switches do seem fragile ish)
Channel 3 mid eq adjuster just the other day became stiff i've no idea why. :(
Crossfader as of recent occasionally bleeds (almost unnoticably) i've only noticed on recordings when there's no drumbeat on the outloud tune. (To be fair the x-fader is F***king worn. never had a replacement) but ofc you can get around the bleed if you use channel volumes and leave x-fader in the middle!

The SUPRISING GOOD NEWS!:

After 4 years I can still play a real clean sounding set on it (with 2 channels).
This is not really a BAD mixer... you CAN get a very good sound out of it.

BAD TINGS:

Headphones plug-in is a BAD position but you get used to it.
Channel volume faders maybe aren't the smoothest / most accurate! But i get a good sound anyway cos i know my mixer...
Adjustable x-fader is reasonable / fine / decent but for instance they're much better on pioneers obviously. :X
A few things have broken over 4 years.

I DON'T CONSIDER THIS A BAD MIXER!

Maybe I've been lucky with it's long life, nice to have a contrasting story :P

yeah the headphone out is a really crappy location. I moved mine it got on my nerves so bad. while it was taken apart,I painted the entire top of it a dark blue metallic color. It looks pretty good with the blue leds on my decks. i really need to post some pics but all i have is a crappy cell phone picture.

ddm 4000 here as well.. works great even after a 18 months and I'm glad there's a mimic to the pioneer because that's the standard yet I don't want to spend that much on a mixer for my fucking studio room. sound is also fine.. no distortion.

i started mixing around a couple of yrs ago and bought for £240 off ebay a Behringer DX626 and 2x Citronic MP3CD CDJs, only spent so little because i wasnt sure whether i would actually get into mixing but i have done and use them for round 4 - 7 hours a week. The behringer mixer all works fine apart from only one of the headphones work on the headphone output of the mixer (its not the headphones). This isnt really a problem for me as i only use one ear phone anyways or to be honest had to learn this way coz it happend only a couple of months after i bought them. The only other problem i have with is that if i turn the volume right up on the mixer rather than my amp if i want it really loud then the sound goes a little crackily.

For home use it is still goin strong, i have no problems with any of the faders or EQs and this is after two years so after reading what other people have been saying it really must depend on the batch when it comes to Behringer products

i was thinking about the DDM4000 but all this concerns and stuff , got 2nd hand DJM400 quite happy so far

Back
Top Bottom