Behringer... really that bad??

I was close to buying a behringer. I cant see the problem with it for begginers. I took some advise off here and waitied thoug then i bought a second hand pioneer djm500 for the same price £180 and it was definately worth it. I think ANY mixer is good to learn on. but people wioll always have different views as the standard of talent varies!

I purchased a DJX750 new as my second mixer and when i got it i was as happy as larry, a 4 channel mixer with full eq on all channels @ only £150. How can you go wrong with that.

Well about 6-7 months down the line i found out... the sound it was producing was decreasing in quality quite savagely and then it started sending static through my heaphones rendering it unbearable to mix with.

Considering i only had this mixer for just over half a year i wasn't too pleased and wouldnt recommend behringer purely from my own experience and multiple other troubles i have heard people having with their products.

Luckily i was able to return it under warranty, add a little extra £, and get myself an Allen&Heath xone:22. Now i'll only be changing that baby up when i purchase a third technic!!!

the switches are the worst part on these mixers djx700. I also have the broken effects button but that was a blessing in disguise(the effects are rubbish) also ,the cue button on channel 3 sometimes will not turn off meaning even if I am cueing from channel 1 2 or 4 I can still hear channel 3. other than that its OK to learn on or light duty home use but I would never trust it in a live situation.however, all these comments I see saying the sound is bad I have to disagree with I have done many studio mixes and I feel that the quality of the sound is actually good. I would have to do a side by side comparison to see if I tell a difference.

Last edited:
I have the VMX300 and cant say I have anything to complain about. Paid £120 for it around 3/4 years ago and (touch wood) nothing has ever gone wrong with it. Does the job for me, although I have used Pioneers before and you can tell they are of higher quality.

Back
Top Bottom