Begginer Production.

I've never bought a sample cd. But I have to admit I still have a few from less than honest sources, but only a few. Most of the 18GB of samples I have I've gathered from here and there over the course of 10 years. First from mod tracks (stealing from others basically), then from free internet sample sites ("joor" packs were a big thing once), then sampling them myself.

I just tried to count, just as an example, how many kicks I have: got to over 1200 and stopped trying to count them there... Wtf am i doing with 1200 kicks? Absolutely nothing i can tell you. Of those 1200 I've used maybe 200 at max in tunes I've finished, over the years. So before you buy, make sure you're getting a quality product, as the quality is so much more important than quantity.

I just tried to count, just as an example, how many kicks I have: got to over 1200 and stopped trying to count them there... Wtf am i doing with 1200 kicks? Absolutely nothing i can tell you. Of those 1200 I've used maybe 200 at max in tunes I've finished, over the years. So before you buy, make sure you're getting a quality product, as the quality is so much more important than quantity.

VERY true! :clown: I'd never try to count how many KDs I have, lol... I can't count that high.

My Library is probably around 80-100 GB and I honestly probably only need 1/10th of that, BUT... it is nice to have a lifetimes worth of sounds there to pick and choose from whenever I feel like it.

went through my samples today, 780 Gb. i need to pull that fibre cable out...

Good God!
o_O

How many GBs of Vocal samples do you have?
That's one area we could all use more of I think.

One Genre I don't have enough of is Middle Eastern Chants/etc... I love that stuff.

IMHO, I find Reaon to be fairly friendly. Has all you need to start making beats. Been using it for a nearly a year now and learning more all the time. Give it whirl if you get a min. Also its worth checking out the latest special edition of computer music magazine in whsmiths. If you choose Reason then this magazine will be handy as...

http://www.computermusic.co.uk/page/computermusic?catname=/Magazine news

Worth a look fo sho!!!

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom