Are these monitors any good?

Really?
Online reviews point to the Yamaha HS50m's as being the natural successor to the NS10. Do a quick google for reviews ;)

Really, well as far i know hearing from a proper sound engineers/producers mouth is better than reading online reviews.

It is for me anyway.

Really, well as far i know hearing from a proper sound engineers/producers mouth is better than reading online reviews.

It is for me anyway.

Pwnd.
:D
I currently know zero engineers/pukka producers, so thats me (and the rest of you) told.

Exactly what i was thinkin'. How can ya compare some shi**y Kool sound monitors to KRK's. Dont talk Bo**ocks :ban:

Haha you toy. Have you ever heard the Kool Sound speakers, probably not! In order for you to comment you'd have to of heard both speakers side by side, same cables etc etc.. Which i have I can tell you there isn't much in it at all.

So stfu please.

To the OP, do you already have a nice set of headphones? If not, get a good set of Beyerdynamics or something comparable instead of wasting money on something you don't intend on keeping. Those speakers only go down to 80 Hz, whereas the Beyer DT series cans will go down to almost 20 Hz. On top of that, putting shitty monitors in an untreated (acoustically) environment is not going to yield accurate results. If you already have decent headphones....save your money for something nice. Hell, even buy 1 monitor while you save for the other. Not trying to rain on your parade, but it's like they say: "Buy cheap, buy twice".

the m1 mk2's are the best for budget monitors - had mine for 4 years now and coupled with my AKG's I feel confident I'm getting an accurate reproduction of what I'm making - well worth the money in my opinion.

"He's Right you know"

"He's Right"

This is what i have and will continue to have untill i make my miwwwions!! :D

You get what you pay for with any equipment,
Im about to aquire some Tannoy Reveal 6D's
Alotta money, but great statistics =]
You wanna get yaself a nice Audio interface too
Mbox 2's are pretty sweet,
Amazing latency!!!
Spend alot, get alot =P

I know thats pretty obvious :P, did you check out the speakers though? The reviews on them look ridiculous, they say that to get anything that sounds as good you need to spend at least 2 or 3 times more so they do sound good for mixing.

I'm not going to be able to afford a decent amp atm..but it will still be a massive step up from my current speakers which are shite!

I know thats pretty obvious :P, did you check out the speakers though? The reviews on them look ridiculous, they say that to get anything that sounds as good you need to spend at least 2 or 3 times more so they do sound good for mixing.

I'm not going to be able to afford a decent amp atm..but it will still be a massive step up from my current speakers which are shite!

If you buy Active speakers, you wont need an amp for them =]
Unless thats for other speakers lol

Cool cheers for the info, would it not be possible with the Monitor Audio BR2s that I showed the link to? It would be awesome if i didn't need to use my shitty old amp!!

Using the Audio 4 would be much better if its possible???

Thanks mate

You want a true sound,
The best thing would be to get
Active speakers and a really nice external audio interface
This way you getting the true sound from the computer into the pre calibrated and flat eq'd monitors,
Rather than sending true sound into an amp (which can fatten frequency ranges) into banging monitors!
Your best off using headphones and saving up lol
Iv been using a soundsystem amp wired with a few speakers!
Had all my sounds and tracks nailed,
But as soon as i changed to an Audio interface and proper Monitors,
The flaws jus kept pouring out of my tunes lol

I don't understand if you mean putting the speakers directly into the Audio 4 interface will sound better or worse - than feeding them through an amp and then into the Audio 4. Please explain it for me mate :)!

Depends really what your gonna do with it all in the end,
If your Mixing into it, jus stick with what youve got!
If your gunna produce, Spend as much as you can lol
Interfaces concernered, i mean analogue sorry (an Mbox2)
With the hardware setup buisness,
Using an amp wont give you a flat frequency spectrum as your enhancing them slightly with the units dimensions.
Its better to run fom computer --> Interface --> Active speakers
As active speakers are certified and calibrated specifically to the companies requirements =]
Hope this helps man =P

Well i've been mixing and producing on a shitty argos stereo I got about 6 years ago for £200 :clown:! So its definitely time to move on. The ones im using at the moment are awful for producing and it makes all the mixes sound quite muddy when they shouldn't. At least when i'm mastering the tracks they always sound even better on other stereos so if I can make it sound clean on mine and it will sound good on other stereos...but thats not the way to produce hey :P

I might go for the Yamahas HS50s or the KRK RP5s

Back
Top Bottom